• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knize of vienna.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a search on Knize. I recall Joe G saying where to get Knize goods; including the perfume, which I do believe is available in the US.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know that this is a REALLY old thread, but since I also know that Knize fragrances haven't gotten any easier to find, I thought I'd post this link for Knize Ten at a GREAT price.

http://www.1stperfume.com/brands-k-k...-by-knize.html

Just for comparison, the above link is for a brand new bottle in the box (for $29.99). On ebay, there is currently an old tester and the guy wants $105 for it.

John

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bergdorfs carries the Knize 10. One concern with finding good deals on perfume is that unscrupulous retailers may be selling old stock -- perfume loses complexity as it ages.

aarghh

Reaction score
Caswell-Massey used to carry it. It doesn't seem like they still do, though you could duck into their Post/Sutter shop and take a look.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, contacting Knize directly is the best idea, but I mainly gave that link because of the good price on the item given the difficulty of locating a bottle. An old $105 tester or a nib retail bottle for $29.99 makes it almost worth taking the chance.

In any case, I'll give a full update on what I received when I get my box later this week. I agree about some sites selling old stock that has gone bad, but they also have a fair return policy. So, if the juice has gone sour, I'll just return it and then keep searching.

John

Rolo

Reaction score
I just received a bottle from www.1stperfume.com last week. It was just fine.

I bought a number of fragrances in the past few weeks and the Knize Ten and Bulgari Black have been the favorites around the office.

Other fragrances that fared well were Creed Bois du Portugal, Yang, Kenzo pour homme.

Creed Epecia has received mixed reviews.

Rolo

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Knize may have had other scents, which are unavailable now save for their Vienna store. For example, the rich Knize Two, which is like Grey Flannel mixed with Ten.

Rolo

Reaction score
I've never seen Knize Two availabe in the US. A lawyer I knew in London wore it and I agree it smells a lot like Grey Flannel. Knize has two other male fragrances, Knize Sec and Knize Forrest. They can be ordered from http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?cPath=23_114, but they're more than a wee bit expensive (especially at current exchange rates). Caswell Massey used to distribute Knize in the US, but I think they only brought in Knize Ten. I don't know if they're still the importer as I didn't see Knize Ten on they're web site. Perhaps if there is a new importer we'll see the other scents in the US. Rolo

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caswell-Massey is indeed the exclusive (official) distributer of Knize Ten in the USA. You could also try contacting Colonial Drug in Cambridge, MA. Or Knize in Vienna, of course. For other good leather-based colognes, try Etro Gomma (a very straight forward leather) or the now discontinued Helmut Lang Cuiron (which is suede & musk, the gentlest and most well-bahaved leather I know). John varvatos is also pretty good, as department store colognes go, though a bit prickly in the topnotes and overly vanillic in the bottom. Be very wary of 1stperfume.com, I've heard BAD things from sources I trust: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=185700

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
I bought a number of fragrances in the past few weeks and the Knize Ten and Bulgari Black have been the favorites around the office.

Other fragrances that fared well were Creed Bois du Portugal, Yang, Kenzo pour homme.

Creed Epecia has received mixed reviews.

you have excellent taste!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads