• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knit Ties

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Where do you guys buy your knits? Any good onlines sources?

Searched and didn't find much on the subject.

Considering Dion.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the width you want. J Press is quite wide - wider than 3 cm. Paul Stuart is 3 cm on the nose. Kent Wang tends to be 2.75 (it will say so on the website), Howard Yount (usually, but again check the website) and Drakes knits are 2.5 cm.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't bought knit ties here, but I've bought other things and their service is top notch.

http://shop.oconnellsclothing.com/knit_ties.php

You could also try J. Press, J. Crew may have some (probably skinny), Brooks Brothers, etc.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drakes are great and come in a variety of colors, but I'd check out Howard Yount as well if you like that width. They tend to be about half the price of Drakes, and if they have the color you want you could save some money. Plus Yount has a good return policy.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume you guys mean inches not cm.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I assume you guys mean inches not cm.

Was just about to say the same thing. 2.5cm would be incredibly narrow, even for a knit.

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Was just about to say the same thing. 2.5cm would be incredibly narrow, even for a knit.

Youre both right... inches
teacha.gif

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tim_horton
Drakes are great and come in a variety of colors, but I'd check out Howard Yount as well if you like that width. They tend to be about half the price of Drakes, and if they have the color you want you could save some money. Plus Yount has a good return policy.

Thx!

Is the official website the best place to buy?

Brian1976

Reaction score
Just a few days ago I got a new catalog from Ben Silver and was contemplating one of their knit ties, they look nice and they have a ton of colors to pick from, they are $85 and you can find them online at the link below:

http://www.bensilver.com/fs_storefro...oot=1&show=311

I've never purchased anything from them, but I believe I actually discovered them here on Style Forum a few months ago and put myself on their mailing list.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum

Heh yeah good pickup.
facepalm.gif

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Dion - 100.00 Saw these in person - very nice

Yount - 65.00 - Look awesome, I dig the pink and sku blue w red dot options

Oconnel - 65.00 - The best solids I have seen. Look to be very high quality. A little long and wide @ 3" x 59"

Brooks - I dig the navy and pink stripe, and it can be had for 57.00 via their ff sale. Not sure I like it as much as the Yount options.

Is there any SF deal for the Yount knits? Or is paying full retail acceptable in this case.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Kent Wang, Rubinacci. Ben Silver's are not bad. Gallo, if you can find them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads