1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Knit ties: with suits? in summer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spectre, May 22, 2008.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

I liked it so much I bought ten more.

Ten? Dude, you are off to a fine start.

- B

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ten? Dude, you are off to a fine start.

- B

Well I exaggerate a little. Probably five or six. But also a set of eight cocktail napkins, so technically, I was undercounting.

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Well I exaggerate a little. Probably five or six. But also a set of eight cocktail napkins, so technically, I was undercounting.

Good work...some of those cocktail napkins and party linens are fantastic.

- B

4. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

[​IMG]

The middle one is great

5. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

Thus, it looks as if Paul Stuart is truly leaving Chicago when its lease runs out at the end of June.

An industry guy told me today Paul Stuart is definitely gone in Chicago. He is well connected and usually correct with such info.

6. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

An industry guy told me today Paul Stuart is definitely gone in Chicago.
    I heard the same from a reliable source. Honestly, I'm mystified as to how they managed to stay open for as long as they did, there was scaresly a customer outside of their semi-annual sales.

7. RSN125

RSN125 Senior member

The Italian lady who owns Camiceria Whatever at 509 Madison told me that in Italy, knits are considered quintissentially summer. The saleslady at Rubinacci did not go quite that far, but she said that silk knits were more of a summer thing, wool knits definitely for winter only.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  8. RSN125

RSN125 Senior member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  9. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

There is next to no info about Camiceria on this site - rare among Itailan brands. Do you they make their own clothing? How is the quality? style? prices?
    This post by the mysterious Ed Morell may help. I picked up a nice wool tie there a couple of month ago when they had the sale. Not sure if the sale is still going on.