• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knit ties: with suits? in summer?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
This is the pic that got me thinkin':
cg15.jpg

I like this jacket. Who was his tailor?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Mini Me is also wearing the same fabric. That is how we roll.

Normally, "That is" is contracted to "That's." Just tryin' to help ya out, bro.

I will say that having your own Mini Me is pretty badass, and to dress him in the same gear: priceless.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Normally, "That is" is contracted to "That's." Just tryin' to help ya out, bro.
Thank you, Bill. I have heard, now and again, that my **** is weak.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I like this jacket. Who was his tailor?

All of them? Kilgour and most of the Row, some tailors in NYC and LA as well as off the peg BB.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Thank you, Bill. I have heard, now and again, that my **** is weak.

No way...a Mini Me in Rubinacci is dope.

Here, let me unclip the velvet rope for you...don't be shy...go right in.

- B

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The Venanzi knit ties are quite wide. The ones at Camiceria Whatever are also wide, but a little less so.

There really needs to be a store names Camiceria Whatever.

Enfo

Reaction score
Banana Republic monogram collection

Slim fit, french cuffs $98

comes in white too

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always thought that Paul Stuart made a great simple plain knit tie. They also have some other patterned knit ties here.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riverrun
speaking of changing minds about squares, there was some stuff in WAYWRN about how you used to think tv folds were lame and now you like them but don't like points. I'm not sure this thread is the right forum, but I'd be interested to know why you soured on points -- I know a couple guys who do the white linen points for business with generally sober suits and look pretty good in person.

I remember buying my first three pack of white linen squares from BB, and folding them in the four point fold, a la Flusser's instructions. I thought it looked great.

I wore that for many years. I later started to find that it looked a little too studied, too forced, and tried to stuff the thing in more haphazardly. But that did not work with linen, which is too stiff and full bodied, and needs to be folded smoothly otherwise it bulges in the pocket.

Cotton takes better to this treatment, but being softer, its points tend to droop. Silk works best for this.

Anyway, I had some conservative business dress thing a while back and I deliberately pressed one of my old BB squares into the straight fold, something I had not done at that time since a funeral a year or two prior. I liked the way it looked more than I expected. Yes, it is folded and "contrived" and not at all haphazared, but it seemed like the "natural" or logical way to wear a linen square, and thus much less studied.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I've always thought that Paul Stuart made a great simple plain knit tie. They also have some other patterned knit ties here.

There are about 40 or so knit ties left at the Paul Stuart in Chicago. All half price at 32.50. A few good colors a few bad colors. Some nice cashmere scarfs too.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the PS store in Chicago is actually closing rather than moving. Anybody else hear something similar and/or have evidence to back it up? If so, it's really too bad as it's one of the best places in Chicago to shop.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I went in the store and it seemed more like a closing than a moving sale but I have since heard they are opening two new locations in Chicago. One not far from the current store and one in the loop. They will be closed for a few months during the transition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads