1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Knit tie and streetwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by metkirk, Dec 1, 2006.

1. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

I was wondering if anyone here has ever incorporated knit tie into their streetwear ensembles? Is this doable? Suddenly this morning I feel an uncanny urge to buy a knit tie, wrap it around my neck like a scarf...

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I think it could look good, tho a wool tie might work better with streetwear outfits. But a knit tie would add some texture that might be just what an outfit needs to push it over the cliff to '11'

3. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

GS, do you know recommend any certain brand of knit tie? Well preferably a little cheap? [​IMG]

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Brooks Brothers has them for $50, not cheap, not real expensive either

ebay often has vintage ones for cheap...some reason they're all in UK so you pay $10 shipping for a tie that costs $5, but that's yer best bet for cheap knit ties. I just looked and there's quite a few on ebay now. use "knit tie" as the search

5. Jared

Jared Senior member

Suddenly this morning I feel an uncanny urge to buy a knit tie, wrap it around my neck like a scarf...
    I have no idea if you can get knits in these shapes, but if you really wanted to use it as a scarf, I think an ascot would be better than a tie; or a bow-tie with no wrap-around (as if you had untied it and let it hang).

6. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

7. Max

Max Senior member

Knit ties are staples of my wardrobe. I like wearing them ith a white button-down oxford, a good hoodie, and jeans. All of mine are from thrift stores.

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Several ebay sellers have nice Ralph Lauren Black Label silk knit ties. Good value, and certainly some of the nicer knit ties available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Polo-Ralph-L...QQcmdZViewItem

I got one from him and it's a great tie

9. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I am with max, Go thrift one. I see plenty of knit ties when I go hit the thrift stores, including knit square ties and skinny ties.

10. Goldengloves

Goldengloves Senior member

I actually just bought a knit square tie from Marc Jacobs for $50. They had a shit ton of colors and look really nice.
    I have incorporated this into a casual, streetwear look. It's always nice to not wear a t-shirt and a sweater and change it up a bit.