• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knife/Multi-tool appreciation thread

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Daily carry is my Kershaw. I have to go in and out of court so I need something I can take off quick and leave in the car.

376410EB-AA17-4F14-8CF9-C4002B19DD3A-37704-00001CFE739F2FE1.jpg

On weekends I have a SOG multi tool.

7CB18060-2AFD-4E1D-AB14-7BEBD968AD67-37704-00001CFE83F3D94D.jpg

2D7242CB-AB66-4E92-A294-5E765A907634-37704-00001CFE8EED24B3.jpg

I really love the SOG. Very high quality. Really sturdy. I bought it for my Alaska trip last year and have stuck with it.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I carry one of these every day. It's a nice, light knife and it stays sharp.

Maximator

Reaction score

These are my knives. The 3 that I'm really fond of are the middle 3. The one with the leather sheath was a BDay present and is insanely sharp. On the left of that is a Mora 2000, not very sharp but a great "pry around and don't care about damage" knife. Next to that is a Fällkniven S1. Great all-round knife.

In terms of multitools, I'm kinda split between Leatherman and Victorinox. I've had one Leatherman before and it was good, and I've also heard great things about the Victorinox Spirit. Having owned several Victorinox pocket knives before, I know that they are top notch. The only thing that annoys me a bit is that it seems that If you buy the whole "kit"(tool, bit-set etc) I tink only the tool itself fits in the sheath. If that's the case I need a separate pouch for that.

As for ,my EDC knife, I need to get a new one as one of the screws broke(it was a pretty cheap Chinese knife). Problem is that knives are SUPER restricted here, so unless you import it directly from overseas, there's no luck(unless you want to pay a 50% markup in a Chinese "tactical store")

Hi Im Ollie

Reaction score

I carry one of these every day. It's a nice, light knife and it stays sharp.
Is that the "onion" or the bigger brother?

I carry a smallish Gerber daily in dress clothes, but in jeans/uniform I have a Gerber 600 multi with M4 tear down tools (I'm in the ARNG)

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that the "onion" or the bigger brother?

I carry a smallish Gerber daily in dress clothes, but in jeans/uniform I have a Gerber 600 multi with M4 tear down tools (I'm in the ARNG)

This one is called the Leek. I think that all the knives in that series have onion-themed names (being designed by Ken Onion). There's also a Chive and a Scallion, IIRC.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice. It's a real shame kids can't even carry a pocket knife to school anymore. A whole generation growing up knowing nothing about basic tools. I carried a Swiss Army knife to school everyday for a decade and somehow managed not to kill anybody.

spike1

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any etiquette by jumping right in to the thread...

I made this little neck knife the other day (my first) thought you guys might like it.

I think I shall only be hanging in around my neck when going out walking etc. For everyday use I carry a Victorinox "hunter", and wouldn't leave the house without it.
It's funny you mention kids of today, as I'm making another "luxury" version shortly for my son's 18 birthday...

Which ties in with what brought me to this forum, seeking ideas for 18 year old's presents...so I guess I should saunter off and post my first new thread!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice Spikesy. Happy birthday to your son. Enjoy the forum.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very nice. It's a real shame kids can't even carry a pocket knife to school anymore. A whole generation growing up knowing nothing about basic tools. I carried a Swiss Army knife to school everyday for a decade and somehow managed not to kill anybody.

this I agree with

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi! This is my first post, so I hope I'm not breaking any etiquette by jumping right in to the thread... I made this little neck knife the other day (my first) thought you guys might like it. I think I shall only be hanging in around my neck when going out walking etc. For everyday use I carry a Victorinox "hunter", and wouldn't leave the house without it. It's funny you mention kids of today, as I'm making another "luxury" version shortly for my son's 18 birthday... Which ties in with what brought me to this forum, seeking ideas for 18 year old's presents...so I guess I should saunter off and post my first new thread!
welcome, love that knife

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this Kershaw:

Micarta scales, brass liners, VG-10 blade, slim, nice overall size without looking too "scary"

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads