• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW 1950 sizing?

blahblahblah

Reaction score
I just received a KMW 1950 from denim bar. I ordered size 31X32, however, the actual waist on these is 32? Are they supposed to shrink after a hot soak? I would assume so, however, the inseam is even a bit less than 32. WTF?

Deluks917

Reaction score
They shouldn't shrink much under normal conditions and you really don't need to soak them.

blahblahblah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
They shouldn't shrink much under normal conditions and you really don't need to soak them.

Thanks, well, they're going back then.
I would have appreciated a note on the denim bar web-site about the sizing.
plain.gif

choptreesv

Reaction score
My size 30 KMW 1950's stretched out to about a 32.5. not sure what they were before, but maybe you have an odd pair. I believe that context clothing has measurements on their site.

blahblahblah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by choptreesv
My size 30 KMW 1950's stretched out to about a 32.5. not sure what they were before, but maybe you have an odd pair. I believe that context clothing has measurements on their site.

Context shows 31", which is not true --> i measured them carefully and they measured 32" and then some.

choptreesv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahblahblah
Context shows 31", which is not true --> i measured them carefully and they measured 32" and then some.

Thats interesting, most people say that KMW fits true to size. maybe your pair is irregular.

blahblahblah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by choptreesv
Thats interesting, most people say that KMW fits true to size. maybe your pair is irregular.

Maybe. Will find out with another pair, though not now, I need a cooling off period
boxing[1].gif
The problems with sizing have been frustrating me for a long time now, that's just the most recent (and most expensive) example. In all seriousness - how hard it is to produce a piece of cloth with consistent length?!?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's not uncommon for them to be some variation as the measurements are for a specific pair of jeans. They were significantly too loose on you where you normally wear your jeans?

blahblahblah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
it's not uncommon for them to be some variation as the measurements are for a specific pair of jeans. They were significantly too loose on you where you normally wear your jeans?

I wear them at abou the hips, and they were significantly too loose, even with the relatively higher rise of the 1950s - truely a size up. I am anal, but not that anal as to raise a stink for some inevitable fractions of an inch variance, which did not seem to be the case here
smile.gif

Anyway, I didn't want to turn this into the rant it is becoming - i just wanted to hear others' experiences with KMW sizing and to hopefully avoid surprises in the future. thanks everybody.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahblahblah
Anyway, I didn't want to turn this into the rant it is becoming - i just wanted to hear others' experiences with KMW sizing and to hopefully avoid surprises in the future. thanks everybody.

I ordered my usual size in the 1980's and they fit overall fine.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blah- first of all the are unfortuntly many ways to measure jeans. It seems the correct way is seldomly not used.
Secondly- there is a thing called varience. This is a handmade garment so industry standards allow 1/2 inch give or take either way.
We will gladly accept the jeans back. we are working on a size chart but you may re-read my first point. So if you are an online shopper like many style forum members are ,you use multiple sizing charts.
I am sorry you aren't happy with are service. We do have a toll free number and email address's or PM so if you have specific questions you may ask so you want run into these kind of problems.
Best,
Mauro

Edit- Note your jean waist size isn't your real waist size so depending on several factors you can be different size in different body styles of any kind of jean.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads