1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

slub indigo tee looks awesome but i just can't justify shelling out $120 or so for a t-shirt.

2. darkie_one

darkie_one Senior member

Do 'one wash' jeans have not that 'shiny' raw jeans look?

3. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

why do you have 2 pairs of the black rockers?

I have 2 pairs of everything that I like

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Have my first pair of KMWs (and first Raw denimz in like a year) in the mail. Hopefully they fit

Damn. I think i'd need size 31. Anyone interested in a pair of used 32s (no fades)

5. robbie

robbie Senior member

Alex, what cut did you get?

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

7. robbie

robbie Senior member

sweet, they are tough as nails.

I think you'll have fun w/ em.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Well, i just got a pair of 32s in the mail today but i think i need a 31. Probably will just sell these back and satisfy jawn lust at a later time

9. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Do 'one wash' jeans have not that 'shiny' raw jeans look?

After about a week of wear, they look the same. The one wash does have a slightly different look when you first purchase. They have been cold dipped in the factory which creates a wrinkled affect....which is good for photographs and fall out quickly.

10. cchen

cchen Senior member

annoyed... no one seems to be able to source me any kmw denim swatches to patch my rockers [​IMG]

11. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

is this the only difference between the one wash and the raws?

I noticed that the one washes have blue selvedge on the coin pocket and the raws seem to have red selvedge. is this correct?

should they wear/fall/fade the same?

12. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

I noticed this shirt while watching Gossip Girl and thought it was a great looking chambray. I watched it again and I'm pretty sure it's the KMW chambray. Cool. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I noticed this shirt while watching Gossip Girl and thought it was a great looking chambray. I watched it again and I'm pretty sure it's the KMW chambray. Cool.

Really?[​IMG]

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

[​IMG] That's some Neo shit right there.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

is this the only difference between the one wash and the raws? I noticed that the one washes have blue selvedge on the coin pocket and the raws seem to have red selvedge. is this correct? should they wear/fall/fade the same?
    Wrong. Yes.

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

The unfortunate word on the streets is that KMW isn't shipping anything out for FW09 [​IMG] I can;t remember if this applies to jeans as well. I guess they had some issues with the factory that was making their stuff, and instead of sending what they believed to be inferior clothing to their retailers, they aren't sending anything at all. Sad news, because I was excited to see what was coming out.

17. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

instead of sending what they believed to be inferior clothing to their retailers, they aren't sending anything at all.

If only all jean manufacturers took this approach.

18. blake

blake Senior member

The unfortunate word on the streets is that KMW isn't shipping anything out for FW09 [​IMG] I can;t remember if this applies to jeans as well.

I guess they had some issues with the factory that was making their stuff, and instead of sending what they believed to be inferior clothing to their retailers, they aren't sending anything at all. Sad news, because I was excited to see what was coming out.

I can confirm this is true. I did not want to be the first to post about this and was waiting to see if someone would discuss this first. I can confirm it is not because of the economy or business (which is what most people would assume) and it is because of issues with the factory. They are outstanding people at KM and would never send out product that they know is not 100 percent correct. They will be working on some product that will come out during the fall/holiday season but will not be shipping the product that was pre-booked. It is a huge loss for everyone involved and it will be greatly missed in the shops. I would stack their denim against any in terms of quality and value. I will let you know as information comes my way. In the meantime, know that this is an outstanding company with amazing people. I can tell you that many other companies would have just sent out the product and dealt with the issues as they came up. This is a big time move that took real guts and I commend them for it.

19. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
  20. Eason

Eason Senior member

I love KMW, great people and my jeans are tough as a goddamn Harbin construction worker. They better be around because I'm definitely buying another pair in 10 years, when my rockers break down.