1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

Received my KMW chambray from Mauro today. The chambray fabric is mesmerizing, and I love the colour of the contrasting stitching. [​IMG]

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

After months of indecision I finally made a choice to buy the KMW Black Rockers. It was worth everything that I paid for it. The jeans look like the elite of the elite.

3. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

After months of indecision I finally made a choice to buy the KMW Black Rockers. It was worth everything that I paid for it. The jeans look like the elite of the elite.

That's a great choice...I own 2 pairs of these. Unbelievable denim quality and construction!

4. robbie

robbie Senior member

I would almost suggest sizing down 2. I have 29-32's and they are almost a bit bigger than I would have wanted.

5. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

I like the henley. I'll buy the oat in small, any sellers?

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Received my KMW chambray from Mauro today. The chambray fabric is mesmerizing, and I love the colour of the contrasting stitching.

Nice. How's the fit on it? It looks a bit short from the pics.

7. blank

blank Senior member

I've been wearing a pair of the 1980's for about eight months. As expected, they are JUST really showing their wear, they retain so much indigo. But, for the first time in my life, I've got two crotch blowouts on these jeans! This is surprising because I'd say these are up there with my Somet's as what appear to be the best-constructed jeans I have, and yet, two crotch holes.

8. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

Nice. How's the fit on it? It looks a bit short from the pics.
    Here's a fit pic: [​IMG][​IMG] It is a little short, falls to the waist on the side. Fine for wearing untucked, but probably too short to tuck in. I'm only 5'9" though so the length isn't much of an issue. The armholes at the pits are about an inch smaller in circumference than most of the shirts I own so they are a little constricting in that area.

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

I've been wearing a pair of the 1980's for about eight months. As expected, they are JUST really showing their wear, they retain so much indigo. But, for the first time in my life, I've got two crotch blowouts on these jeans! This is surprising because I'd say these are up there with my Somet's as what appear to be the best-constructed jeans I have, and yet, two crotch holes.

same thing happened to my rockers

10. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

That's what happens when you size down 2

11. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

Looks great PeterParker - been eyeing this one, the shorter length / slimmer fit would be ideal for me.

12. blank

blank Senior member

That's what happens when you size down 2

I took my normal size.

Is this what SF is becoming?

13. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Just ignore new users, imo.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah that chambray looks good! I don't think it would work for me though, because I am tall and slim. Most chambrays are too boxy for me, and that one looks too short in the body. Ah well I'll keep looking.

15. mrtophat

mrtophat Well-Known Member

just got my 1980's from the flash sale. I think the fit is a little boxy on me :/

should I try it for a bit and see if i get used to it, taper, or just put em up in b/s?

16. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Hard to say without fit pics, but 1980s should be sized down 1.

17. mrtophat

i went true to size to 30, because they were out of 29's - though it might work, but maybe not...does sizing down change the the thight and calf widths at all? I'll snap some pics and put em up.

18. sayocean

sayocean Senior member

That's a great choice...I own 2 pairs of these. Unbelievable denim quality and construction!

why do you have 2 pairs of the black rockers?

19. mrtophat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hm, they seem much better when I've got some shoes on. if they're anything like my rockers, i won't have to worry about them stretching too much.

20. oshen

oshen Senior member

In case anyone's interested, Atsui currently has KMW 1950s, 1980s, and Rockers for 40% off. All in one-wash.

Jay's service is great - you can PM him if you have any questions.