1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I need to be sold on that, too. The color isn't really one that does anything for me. The close-ups make the piece look a bit...flimsy perhaps?

Not flimsy at all. Very solid construction, Egypitian cotton, reinforced shoulders. The henley is seriously heavy duty. I didn't order them, but thought about it for a long time. My only complaint is the sizing. I am 6' and 165 lbs and I am a size small that is boxy on my frame. If they had an X-small, we would be all over it. Everything in the line is top-notch.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Not flimsy at all. Very solid construction, Egypitian cotton, reinforced shoulders. The henley is seriously heavy duty. I didn't order them, but thought about it for a long time. My only complaint is the sizing. I am 6' and 165 lbs and I am a size small that is boxy on my frame. If they had an X-small, we would be all over it. Everything in the line is top-notch.

Definitely not flimsy at all. I would actually characterize this is more of a light cotton sweater then a piece to be layered under anything slim, because the material is pretty thick. It doesn't fit particularly slim, but I didn't find it particularly boxy either (I am roughly the same size as Jay but usually wear my clothes just slightly less fitted). I've come to accept that I am a small in most American designed brands.

3. lemon

lemon Member

I love my KMW 2010. Got them hemmed and tapered an inch and they fit perfectly. I like the coin pocket selvage. It's different

4. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

On the KMW coin pocket topic, anyone have an idea how long they have been doing it?

My Gough jeans have it and the guy at Co-op the other day insisted they were KMW because of the coin pocket. I assured him they were plain old Gap selvedge. He told me Gap ripped it off. I told him that was entirely possible. I wasn't going to debate because I didn't give a shit, the guy was just a douche about it. A douche working at Barney's, go figure.

I like the look of the coin pocket a lot. Doesn't detract IMO. My Gough jeans get more comments then my APC NC that cost 4 times more.

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

On the KMW coin pocket topic, anyone have an idea how long they have been doing it? My Gough jeans have it and the guy at Co-op the other day insisted they were KMW because of the coin pocket. I assured him they were plain old Gap selvedge. He told me Gap ripped it off. I told him that was entirely possible. I wasn't going to debate because I didn't give a shit, the guy was just a douche about it. A douche working at Barney's, go figure. I like the look of the coin pocket a lot. Doesn't detract IMO. My Gough jeans get more comments then my APC NC that cost 4 times more.
    KMW didn't pioneer it. I think they might have only introduced it to their line when they switched from Chinese to Japanese production (though I could very well be wrong)

6. robbie

robbie Senior member

I love KMW, I just wish the price would come down a little. 225$ for a work shirt is a bit out of reach

7. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

A big KMW fan here, gradually replaced italian-made flakes with KMW's, now own 6 pairs. Good resource for discounted KMW's: Revolve clothing

8. blake

blake Senior member

KMW's jeans stack up to any brand in terms of quality and fit. They have a fit for anyone. I personally think the 1980 is the best fitting jean on the market. They are as good as any brand being produced in japan right now, with more contemporary fits. Their fashion is coming along nicely. We even currently have a denim/selvedge boxer in the store right now!!!!

9. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

The materials and construction used is amazing. The buttons are metal with distressed enamel.
    I love the color- its something akin to the drkshdw gold that chronoaug has, but lighter. If it was ~$100, that alone would probably be enough. At ~$200 there has to be something more. Superlative materials and construction- that would do it. Even make it ideally what I'm looking for. This may well... ok, has bumped out a selfedge white denim shirt at the top of my to-buy list. I just wish I could finger the henley with my own two hands. [​IMG] It's probably the same for this belt with the handforged buckle. At the price point it'd better be something special, but its hard to tell from just the images. Not on my list, but it looks solid. Feedback from folks who have seen these new KMW items in person is wonderful. Thanks.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

KMW products are very nice. They're pricey, yes, but they as a brand make some of the nicest things I've ever seen. I love the subtle hues in their denim. The shirts/tops do fit boxy, but they're authentic for what they are.

11. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I've debated for the past day or so about purchasing that belt, I just don't think I can justify the price.

That henley though, may be showing up on my door step soon...

Everything I've seen from KMW in person is 100% legit.

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

KMW is a brand where photos don't do justice to explain the pricetag.

I put it up with Nice Collective in the sense that the pieces are so good and so well-made that the cost of one jacket is the same as having to buy three similar ones down the road because they didn't hold up the way that one piece would have. It's not disposable fashion, rather, they're staple pieces meant to hang in your closet for years to come.

13. riraito

riraito Senior member

they are made in china?

14. minimalist

minimalist Senior member

Does one still get the 30% off on the first order at Revolve?

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

they are made in china?
    They were a long time ago

16. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

KMW is a brand where photos don't do justice to explain the pricetag.

I put it up with Nice Collective in the sense that the pieces are so good and so well-made that the cost of one jacket is the same as having to buy three similar ones down the road because they didn't hold up the way that one piece would have. It's not disposable fashion, rather, they're staple pieces meant to hang in your closet for years to come.

Seriously, don't make me second guess myself on that belt.

17. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Does one still get the 30% off on the first order at Revolve?

There's a link on their website somewhere that will get you 30 off...some exclusions apply from time to time

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I am holdng out for when I am ready to pick up a pair of these [​IMG]

19. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

KMW is explicitly excluded from Revolve discounts. This is nothing new.

20. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

KMW is explicitly excluded from Revolve discounts. This is nothing new.

Their system of exclusions is erratic and changes from time to time...All of my KMW's that I bought from them were at 20-30% off from whatever the lowest price was at that time...with some distressed Rockers scored for under $100