1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Klein Tools natural leather belt - a great deal!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by phototristan, Oct 1, 2011.

1. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Here's some pics of my actual belt after putting in new holes. The belt comes stock with holes only every 2 inches. I think every 1 inch is better in terms of fit and being about to tighten/loosen it based on the type of pants you are wearing, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, one of the nice things about getting a raw natural belt is that over the years, it darkens and wears. Buying a vintage belt is just not the same IMO because you didn't wear it down to that point yourself.

2. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^Looks good. Assume you just had you local shoe repair guy add the fe extra holes.

I agree that it is fun to break in your own belt, just like your own jeans. But, I will still buy a great vintage belt when I see them. But that is rare.

3. phototristan

Actually I had my Mom put in the holes. She used to do leather crafts and had the tool.

4. el es dee

el es dee Senior member

Can these be dyed?

5. phototristan

I'm not sure. I don't know enough about leather to answer but I assume since these are natural/raw and seem untreated they could be died.

6. phototristan

I've been wearing this belt almost every day since I got it and it's starting to darken a bit a looking really nice. I love this belt!

7. phototristan

Here's my belt as of today, over a year later with about 3x a week wearings:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Thanks for the update!
    Looks sweet, definitely a good buy for $20.

Would probably start recommending this if people want a cheap belt.
    Just bought an Orion belt at the same price just to see how it would work out, otherwise would've probably gotten this.

9. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

Nvm didn't realize that was a old post from a thread that was bumped

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013