• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiwi cracked my PS shoes

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Rubbish.

these look an old pair of shoes with creases/cracks already in them. The polish has merely highlighted the cracks as you rubbed it in. Throw the shoes away and get yourself some decent ones. The Kiwi did you a favour.

I got tons of decent dress shoes, but I needed some dress/rubber to drive maintaining my usual look.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream is not good at hiding creases and scuff marks. You are better off using Colored Shoe Wax.

I first thought my Black Chelsae was indestructible since it had no crease that I can tell. Then I stripped the wax to put on cream and noticed the creases then.

calvinloke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Soft leather is fine for soccer boots. Not for dress shoes like that. They look better than they did, but they're never going to look good.

It's not really a dressy pair. Just look at the heel and sole! It's a hybrid.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calvinloke
It's not really a dressy pair. Just look at the heel and sole! It's a hybrid.

Yes bvut goes pretty well with my jeans and super dressy sartorio coats and ties, european.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
So did I ruin them? They look now exactly how they were brand new, except the creases right.

Should I ask the warranty to Paul Smith?

Dude, you didn't ruin them. That is the way they are supposed to look.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Yes bvut goes pretty well with my jeans and super dressy sartorio coats and ties, european.

Then what's the problem?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Dude, you didn't ruin them. That is the way they are supposed to look.
The original look wasn´t aged.
Originally Posted by Kentishman
Then what's the problem?
Nothing now, that thanks to you all I have figured how to fix them. THANK YOU ALL! I love this forum.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads