1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the truth, Jul 2, 2007.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Kiton DOES have a "K" line. It is their sportier, more casual line. I do not know that it is less well made, but the line is more set aside for stylistic reasons than for construction.

2. Omegablogger

Omegablogger Senior member

3. tbone226

tbone226 Senior member

Kiton does have a "K" line which is their sportswear line. These pop up on ebay every now and then.

4. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Kiton DOES have a "K" line. It is their sportier, more casual line. I do not know that it is less well made, but the line is more set aside for stylistic reasons than for construction.

The "K." brand (apparently, it has a period after 'K') is significantly less expensive than Kiton's regular line. I casually examined a cashmere overcoat with a nylon vest liner at Louis Boston a few years ago; there was no evidence of hand-sewing anywhere and it was about $1,500. The nature and cost of the garments pretty much dictate machine-sewing.

5. mafoofan

Perhaps of interest: http://www.kiton.it/kitita/indexg.htm. Go to 'Produzione'. Then go to 'Uomo'. Then hit 'Cancel' when you're asked for a username and password. You should be able to click on the various video links.

These are Kiton's own videos of what it claims to be its production process. I haven't finished watching them, so I don't know how they bear on the OP's photos.

EDIT: in the fifth video, you can plainly see the completed machine stitching on the lapel that appears identical to the machine stitching in the OP's jacket as another part of the jacket is being hand-stitched.

6. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

I've only seen "K." coats and casual clothes, though that doesn't mean there aren't K. suits and sportcoats too. I'm reasonably sure the K. stuff I've seen has not had the same lining as mainline Kiton stuff, though.

I, too, think the levels of spin and myth-weaving on this thread are really funny. If nothing else, it's a really interesting insight into the mentality of the extremist right wing ideologue.

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

If nothing else, it's a really interesting insight into the mentality of the extremist right wing ideologue.

You shouldn't talk about Manton that way. Really.

8. the truth

the truth Senior member

This is a mans jacket isn't it, a normal man sized jacket?

Personally I don't have a dog in the fight, but until I see the label I'm filing this under my BS alert tab.

That`s why I asked in the beginning of the thread.

Nothing against the OP, but all we`ve seen is the typical Cashmere tag and lining.

Yes. The OP can't show the label for "personal reasons". Also note the use of a rubber glove instead of a real hand, kind of throws of the scale.

I'm not saying the OP is a liar...OK I am, I just don't know what the OP is lying about and why.

Good god you people are difficult. Do you really think that I am trying to pull some scam by taking pictures of a fake Kiton jacket just to besmirch their reputation in the internet clothing world?

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Good god you people are difficult. Do you really think that I am trying to pull some scam by taking pictures of a fake Kiton jacket just to besmirch their reputation in the internet clothing world?

Some people are immune to evidence.

10. mafoofan

Kiton is obviously worth its market price and your willingness to question it shows your evil motivations. Ergo, you must be lying.

11. WSW

WSW Senior member

I'll take 500 of whatever you're selling, please.

12. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Some people still believe that Darren Beaman's computer crashed and wiped out his hard drive seven times in 2005, that Carson35 bought a terrible smoking jacket just to discredit Darren, and that Darren will deliver for all his customers any day now.

13. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Some people still believe that Darren Beaman's computer crashed and wiped out his hard drive seven times in 2005, that Carson35 bought a terrible smoking jacket just to discredit Darren, and that Darren will deliver for all his customers any day now.

Your obvious animus toward poor Mr. Beaman raises questions, but I don't want to list them here, because J wouldn't like it.

14. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Kiton is obviously worth its market price and your willingness to question it shows your evil motivations. Ergo, you must be lying.

WTF?

15. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

I'm surprised some are doubting that was a real Kiton sportcoat. It looked real to me. I think it is a valid question whether the pictures show all of the handwork items in the jacket.

I found some information out and update my thread on Kiton for those of you interested.

16. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

...and that Carlo Franco is working with Audrey really hard to deliver all the ties and shirts that were already paid for. They've been real busy with the move, but....

17. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

I'm surprised some are doubting that was a real Kiton sportcoat. It looked real to me. I think it is a valid question whether the pictures show all of the handwork items in the jacket.

Would you pretty, pretty please list one potential area where a lot of time-consuming handwork is hiding?

I imagine The Truth could then take a photo of that area to discredit another theory.

18. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

No. I just thought that considering the direction this thread was going, I would ask for clarification on the label. That`s all.

19. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

God, get over it already. [​IMG]

20. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

God, get over it already. [​IMG]

[​IMG] + [​IMG]

Jon.