1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the truth, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Lower left below number 1 is just the background. As the lapel is dagonal, the space below it increases. If you can be more specific, I will take the picture. Do you want a picture of how the machine stitched canvas attaches to the lapel at the edge? Good diagram by the way.
    No, you will destroy your jacket! The lapel (number 1) and the canvass (number 2) are sewn together under that tape (number 5) that runs the length of the canvass, I fear the jacket will be scrap or very expensive to repair once lifted. I am willing to put money that it is basted in and then as we see, sewn by machine. I really am not insulted that a sewing machine may used to attach this, it is the cleanliness and softness of the work attaching it that counts more.

2. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

No, you will destroy your jacket!

Umm, that ship has sailed ...

3. the truth

the truth Senior member

+1. This jacket will not be repaired. Think of it as one of the corpses they use for medical students.

4. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

True, what was I thinking, a little too late for that! [​IMG]

5. HenryLiska

HenryLiska New Member

Not to my knowledge, but others have claimed it on their behalf, and gotten quite upset when challenged.

I like the fabric, BTW. You'd think a guy with green dress boots would be more open-minded.

My tailor, Jean-Paul, in Toronto has had the opportunity to alter a fair number of Kiton jackets and suits. From his comment, it is eveident he has not always been happy with the quality of the interior workmanship.

6. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

7. dpw

dpw Senior member

zegnamtl: thank you for a thoughtful, well researched, well written response. Looking for adgends is always an illuminating and rewarding experience