• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton vs. Brioni fit

mell

Reaction score
A 48L Brioni sport coat fits me to a "T". I have not tried on a Kiton sport coat and I am wondering if any of you know how the Kiton sizing compares to the Brioni. Are Kiton sport coats slimmer fitting than the Brioni?

Thanks in advance for you time and answers.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it will depend on the Model of Brioni and the Model of Kiton. I have 2 Brioni's that fit me perfectly and 2 Kiton sportcoats that do as well, but the 3rd a 3Btn to Roll is a little loose in the chest.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you look at two Brionis, Kitons, Oxxfords, Attolinis etc etc you will find that scarcely any two coats of the same tagged size have exactly the same fit - even if the model is the same.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I associate Kitons as premiere sportscoat or sportsjacket makers. Their workmanship and attention to fabric and details are impressive. When I want a suit, I prefer Brionis. I visited the Brioni Store at the via Condotti in Rome last year and it was very, very nice. It's not as big as the flagship store, but nevertheless, still very good. I just did not have the time allowed to have a bespoke suit made for me.

mell

Reaction score
Obviously each sport coat will have to altered a bit, but my concern is if Kiton is slimmer fitting such as the Zegna lines I have tried on. The Zegna sport coats are entirely too slim fitting for me. The reason I ask this is I have been looking on ebay but the measurements usually only consist of shoulder and sleeve length. The body is usually not mentioned.

deaddog

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat - I know my fit with a couple brioni models (nomentano, triano) and now looking to get a Kiton via ebay? So, is Kiton, in general, slimmer, looser, or the same as Brioni? And, I know each piece varies, etc. but I'm betting some reasonably accurate generalities can be made.
thanks

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is your chest and wasit size? In my poinion, Brioni coats are generally fuller than Kiton coats. I'd say Brioni coats have drop of 6 in general and 7 for Kiton. You often see Kiton coats have drop of 8 (I need drop of like 9 or 10) and those one should should buy if you have big diff. bet your chest and waist size.

kenmikssr

Reaction score
The brioni nomentano model has more room in the body.The brioni colosse model is a more modern slimmer fit.The kiton I have fits more like the brioni colosse model , with a tiny bit more room in the chest area. Hope this infomation helps you. Ken Miks Sr.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe my experience is limited, but I've never seen or tried-on a Brioni
that didn't have relatively built up shoulders. Kiton's, at least at Wilkes bashford,
have very natural "neapolitan" shoulders these days.

kenmikssr

Reaction score

Maybe my experience is limited, but I've never seen or tried-on a Brioni
that didn't have relatively built up shoulders. Kiton's, at least at Wilkes bashford,
have very natural "neapolitan" shoulders these days.

kenmikssr

Reaction score
The Brioni that has "built up shoulders" is not a Brioni Colosse model. The Brioni Nomontano models do have more padding on the shoulders. I own several Brioni Colosse model sport coats and suits, and the shoulders are very modern slim fit with little padding! I do own two Nomontano model sport coats that have more padding on the shoulders and a little bit more room in the chest area! The Kiton sport coat I own is a more modern slim fit coat with very little padding on the shoulders! I hope this info helps. Ken Miks Sr.

kenmikssr

Reaction score
It would help if I spelled "Nomentano" the right way!! Ken Miks Sr.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads