1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kiton Suit Quality

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thisisit123, Feb 10, 2014.

1. thisisit123

thisisit123 Member

Hey, im in italy for the week and ive been seeing some places offering off the rack Kiton suits that retail for 4k eur marked down to 2k eur (silk/cashmere blend). I know that at retail price, many will not go to kiton - but for a 50% off, what do you guys think?

2. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Distinguished Member

If you can afford a 2K suit:

If you put it on and it looks awesome, yes. If you put it on and it doesn't look awesome, no.

If you can't afford a 2K suit:

Don't buy a 2K suit.

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

It depends. Do you have $2k? Would you rather keep it or have a Kiton silk/cashmere blend suit instead? The answers to those two questions will determine the best course of action.

4. thisisit123

thisisit123 Member

Finances aside (yes, i can afford a 2k suit) i need a new suit anyways and i was initially planning to spend 1k eur but if the quality and deal is good 2k is not a problem....and i was asking for opinions on quality of the suit if you guys have any experiences or input you would like to share

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014

5. unbelragazzo

If you really like the suit and can afford it, and are just coming on here looking for validation, then buy it. It has its detractors, but Kiton is a top RTW brand. If you don't really like it that much, why even ask?

6. thisisit123

thisisit123 Member

Just wanted to see if there was opinions on the brand because i do like the suits but i dont want to regret it later, i also wasnt looking for a debate :(

7. unbelragazzo

It's definitely a well known luxury brand. If you're really lucky you can find their suits occasionally on eBay for less, but in the grand scheme of things 2k euro is not a bad price for their suits. Be aware that many of the fabrics they use, likely including the ones you mention, are luxury fabrics and therefore quite delicate. If you're looking for a suit to wear once a week for a long time you'd be better off with something else.

8. thisisit123

thisisit123 Member

what would you personally suggest i look into within the 1-2k range? considering materials that are a bit more durable

9. archetypal_yuppie

10. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

2k euro is good but not a steal considering you can get them on ebay for less. But if you see what you like and it fits you and meets your needs then buy it. Quality shouldn't be an issue apart from the delicate fabrics as suggested above. For someone like me that loves a steal, If I can find partenopea, sartorio, stile latino, santandrea, isaia for 1k eur, then I'd buy those and walk away with 2 suits.

11. unbelragazzo

12. cbbuff

cbbuff Distinguished Member

Kiton is top shelf from a quality standpoint. If you like the fit and styling and the price is within your means, go for it.

There is no short answer to all your alternatives. It is a personal decision and is what half the forum is discussing/arguing about on a daily basis.

What is the best car to buy? Same type of answers apply to suits.

13. thisisit123

thisisit123 Member

thanks for the input guys. Frasi (owned by simone righi) has some of the kiton suits that i saw and the labels on his suits were of ciro paone(the founder of kiton) and then has the kiton labels inside....is this a different line or specific to his store?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014

14. unbelragazzo

Ask the people at the store. "Sartorio" is Kiton's (slightly - still very good) lower quality/price label. But seriously, stop worrying about the labels. If you like the suit, buy it. If not, forget it.

15. archetypal_yuppie