• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton Shoes: Why the Price Disparity?

wcp45

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the Kiton shoes at Louis Boston are sometimes $200-$300 less than what appear to be the same shoes in the Kiton NY boutique? What would explain the price difference?

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much are they at Louis Boston? Strangely, I find the selection of Kiton shoes better at BG than at the Kiton store.

koji

wcp45

Reaction score
The prices generally fall between $1200 and $1600 at Louis Boston. The shoes I have seen at the Kiton boutique seem to start at around $1500. Last season I bought a chuka boot at Louis Boston for around $1600 that was selling for $1900 plus (may have even been over $2000) at the Kiton boutique.

Even at Louis they are expensive, and I know some would think I'm crazy for spending so much on a RTW shoe. But their last fits me almost perfectly, and they look terrific.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy, I hope they fit perfectly. For that price, I could fly to Florence, get a pair custom made, and still have more than enough left over for gelato at Vivoli.

koji

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I could then fly to Cagliari for even better gelato.
biggrin.gif
koji

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markups in Boston are just generally significnatly lower than in LA and NYC, even on Newbury Street. You don't see these in the corporate chains like Zegna and Saks, but Louis markups are much lower than Maxfield LA, for example. This applies across the board, from Paper Denim jeans (a GTO-01 costs upwards of $165 everywhere else, were $150 at Jasmine Sola last year) to designer streetwear (A Cloak jacket retailing for $225 in Louis retailed for $265 at Maxfield) to tailored stuff, which frankly, I pay much less attention to. Plus, no tax. Boston - crap selection, good prices. The reverse is true for NYC and LA.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I love those shoes in your picture Thracozaag. What kind are they?

wcp45

Reaction score
[Posted on Jan. 28 2005,16:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy, I hope they fit perfectly. For that price, I could fly to Florence, get a pair custom made, and still have more than enough left over for gelato at Vivoli.

koji]

Unfortunately, the issue isn't one of price--it's time. It has been almost two years since I have had the time to travel to Italy (at which time I did get a pair of custom made Latanzis).

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[Posted on Jan. 28 2005,16:25 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Boy, I hope they fit perfectly. Â For that price, I could fly to Florence, get a pair custom made, and still have more than enough left over for gelato at Vivoli. koji] Unfortunately, the issue isn't one of price--it's time. Â It has been almost two years since I have had the time to travel to Italy (at which time I did get a pair of custom made Latanzis).
If it wasn't for the damn dollar being so weak, I would have gotten a pair made the last time I was there.
sad.gif
koji

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The prices generally fall between $1200 and $1600 at Louis Boston.

That's super-cheap.. Doesn't surprise me though, Louis seems to have significantly lower prices across the board, compared to other top retailers. I'm not aware of anybody carrying Kiton shoes in CA yet, but there is one store I know of that is looking at them, and I would not be surprised if they end up priced at about 2k a pair.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prices generally fall between $1200 and $1600 at Louis Boston. Â
That's super-cheap.. Doesn't surprise me though, Louis seems to have significantly lower prices across the board, compared to other top retailers. I'm not aware of anybody carrying Kiton shoes in CA yet, but there is one store I know of that is looking at them, and I would not be surprised if they end up priced at about 2k a pair.
Wilkes Bashford, perhaps? koji

wcp45

Reaction score
A Harris--which store is looking at carrying Kiton shoes? Wilkes?

I live in California, and am a loyal customer of Wilkes. But Louis Boston is a terrific resource. The salesman I deal with there--Lino--e-mails me photos of the Kiton shoes they get in, and, because my purchases are sent to me in California, there is no sales tax.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics