1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kiton shoes: anyone remember?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skalogre, May 8, 2006.

1. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

I am really hoping someone remembers where these were or still has a picture...
    This was pre-crash. The shoes were by Kiton I believe, spectators, dark antiqued brown with antiqued ivory.
    Anyone?
    Thanks, Stelios.

2. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

PM the member Sartoriale -- I think he was the Ebay seller. Maybe he'll have an archived picture.

3. skalogre

PM the member Sartoriale -- I think he was the Ebay seller. Maybe he'll have an archived picture.

Ah! I think you are right, I remember some eBay shop having a pic of those. Thanks.

4. skalogre

5. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I always remember those because I believe they set a record for dress shoes on ebay, they went for like $1700!!!

6. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

Yes, but with the price of the euro, $1700 American is not really all that expensive, is it? [​IMG]

7. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

8. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

Not worth the price, in my opinion. Also, unless you have little feet proportional to your body, I think these will look funny.

9. skalogre

10. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

I know people don't love To Boot, but these evoke those unbelievable Kitons for me:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10788147/c/56318.html

I love spectators and those rock! Did you get them?
    Allen Edmond used to make the Broadstreet in brown /white. There is a pair of dark brown and linen? by Romano Martegani I'm seriously looking at having made.

11. skalogre

Allen Edmond used to make the Broadstreet in brown /white. There is a pair of dark brown and linen? by Romano Martegani I'm seriously looking at having made.

Those are awfully nice. Mmm. I sort of forgot about them.

12. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Distinguished Member

I haven't yet, but I'm thinking of doing so if they are part of Neiman's "first call" sales this week.
    I like the elongated toe and it would be something different in my collection, so I might get them. Will report back.

13. skalogre

I haven't yet, but I'm thinking of doing so if they are part of Neiman's "first call" sales this week.
    I like the elongated toe and it would be something different in my collection, so I might get them. Will report back.

Please do, I am curious.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

Those kiton specs were one of the most beautiful pairs of shoes i've ever seen.

15. designprofessor

designprofessor Distinguished Member

This reminded me of your selection. I own the lighter brown versions of these. They are by Mezlan, the style is called "Squire". My AE's have a more rounded toe, so this was a nice change. I do alot of walking at my job, these have held up great so far.