• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton shoe sizing, can anyone give me some details?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a 9D in ferragamo, an 8 in Canali, 9.5 Mantellassi, and 9 Magli.

So would a kiton shoe marked 9 fit? Anyone know? I'm not really sure how to measure them to compare to existing shoes and doubt it would be accurate anyway. I thought i read somewhere that kiton is basically a US size smaller than what's stamped on the shoe...

And what size should I order the c&j weymouth in? 8 or 8.5? Can anyone hazard a guess based on the info I've given?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn. I was so ready to buy them too
frown.gif

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
damn. I was so ready to buy them too
frown.gif

Don't give up yet! My experience in researching Kiton shoes is that they may have a size stamped on them that is more than one size smaller than the actual US size. I once almost bought a pair that were marked 8. After getting extensive measurements, inside and out, from the seller, I had to conclude that they would have been marked 9.5 US. Your best bet is to ask the seller for outside length of sole and width at widest part, and a careful measurement of the insole with a tape measure to the nearest 1/8". Then examine the toe taper to see whether there would be much empty space at the toe because of taper (as with the C&J 337 last). If, after this, they seem about right, make sure you have full return privileges (where you'd pay the return postage, of course).

As for the Weymouth, I'd try to figure out what size you are in US sizing, and then make a slightly greater adjustment than you would for most English shoes. For example, I'm a true 9.5 US. Most of my English shoes are 9 UK, but those with a long last and tapered toe are 8.5 UK (C&J 337 last, JLobb 7000 last). The ultimate test, of course, is trying them on, and if you buy your Weymouths from P. Lal, for example, I believe that you would be allowed full return privileges.

Edit: I just re-read the original question, and think that your assumption about Kiton sizing may be in the wrong direction. Kiton shoes are at least one size larger in US sizing than what's stamped on them. Therefore, a Kiton shoe stamped 9 would, in all likelihood be equivalent to a US 10, at least, and, more likely, a 10.5, if my experience is any guide.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So from your last statement, a Kiton 9 would likely fit a guy who fits into a C&J Weymouth size 10 (in the 337 last)?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear a size and a half down, for what its worth.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
So from your last statement, a Kiton 9 would likely fit a guy who fits into a C&J Weymouth size 10 (in the 337 last)?

I have a pair of Weymouth in UK 8.5E. I wear 9D in all US sized shoes to include Polo C&Js and EGs. I tried on a number of Kitons last month at NM in SF. The best fit for me was Kiton size 7.5! So a full size under UK sizing and a size and a half under US sizing.

Perry

lutfa

Reaction score
The kiton last G-26 can run two sizes smaller than your normal shoe size. Example I wear a size 11 kiton G 26 I buy a size 9 perfect fit. The last 19040 the narrow toe cut I wear a size 10. Hope it helps.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the posts that recommend sizing 1.5 sizes down from your normal U.S. size for Kiton.

I wear size 9.5 in Mantellassi and size UK8.5E in the C&J 337 last. There is tiny bit of slippage, but size UK8E would be too small.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
but that is a shoe that so many makers make, some looking better than the Kiton, that for 5 hundy, I passed.

I have underwhelmed by the spate of Kiton's available on Ebay as they seem to pale in comparison to those that I've seen at the NY store, Bergdorf's and in many of our members photo postings. They seem to be on okay lasts and to lack any of that wonderful antiquing. Just my opinion, though.

lutfa

Reaction score
I questioned those shoes on ebay also .Every time I emailed them they werevery avasive in there responce if any at all.I'm wondering if they are kiton subs.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I tried on several Kiton shoes at NM this week and all did seem to be a size or more bigger than the marked size.

I second that.

A few weeks back I passed by the Kiton store in the city and tried on several pairs. I am a 9D in most US shoes, occassionally a 9.5D.

I thought an 8 in Kiton would fit but it was too large. I realized that a 7 was my size in Kitons!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads