• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kiton shirts & ties in Chicago?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys--
Anyone in Chicago, can you tell me where to find kiton shirts and ties? Does neiman marcus carry a good supply, or maybe the Saks mens store not far from the NM store?

I'm still jonesing for a solid light blue kiton shirt, and maybe a new necktie, which I'm hoping to purchase just before I make my way back overseas for a while. I figure it'll be plenty of time for the sleeve and body adjustments by the store tailor, and they can ship both to an outta state address to save me from payin the sales tax
smile.gif

bryce330

Reaction score
The Saks Men's Store has a very good selection of Kiton on the third floor. I can't remember if the NM in Chicago carries Kiton. I think George Greene (on Oak St.) might also sell Kiton.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, Bryce! Any chance you saw any solid blue shirts last time you visited any of those locales? For some reason, these seem harder to find.

I almost bought this one recently, guess if I can find one similar (or even paler blue in color), I'll probably nab it.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Guys--
Anyone in Chicago, can you tell me where to find kiton shirts and ties? Does neiman marcus carry a good supply, or maybe the Saks mens store not far from the NM store?

I'm still jonesing for a solid light blue kiton shirt, and maybe a new necktie, which I'm hoping to purchase just before I make my way back overseas for a while. I figure it'll be plenty of time for the sleeve and body adjustments by the store tailor, and they can ship both to an outta state address to save me from payin the sales tax
smile.gif

I think George Greene of former Ultimo?? store has a Kiton section, he is down the street from Mr. Despos and the Barney store on Oak.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think George Greene of former Ultimo?? store has a Kiton section, he is down the street from Mr. Despos and the Barney store on Oak.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I think George Greene of former Ultimo?? store
John Jones managed the men's section at Ultimo before opening George Greene, along with a couple of other fellows, none of whom named George Greene.

Morris and Sons has been known to traffic in Kiton

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
John Jones managed the men's section at Ultimo before opening George Greene, along with a couple of other fellows, none of whom named George Greene.

Morris and Sons has been known to traffic in Kiton

That's funny. I don't really understand how they do it.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NM has a good Kiton selection, especially in ties and Morris & Sons often does as well. Sak's may also, but I'd suggest almost anyone over Sak's.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have Despos make you the shirt custom for less than George Greene or Sak's Kiton retail. And it will fit precisely which is something Kiton can't deliver.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, guys. Soph, I'm still not at the point of custom stuff-- can't return for subsequent fittings anytime in the near future.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, guys. Soph, I'm still not at the point of custom stuff-- can't return for subsequent fittings anytime in the near future, no matter if it's chicago or NYC. Or even Atlanta.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Have Despos make you the shirt custom for less than George Greene or Sak's Kiton retail. And it will fit precisely which is something Kiton can't deliver.

I am stupid that I forgot that option.

deepitm

Reaction score
I don't think Barney's is carrying Kiton since they opened the new store. Still a good selection on 3rd floor of Saks. Morris & Sons def carries it. So does George Greene, if I recall. I think GG even had some Kiton shoes?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think Barney's is carrying Kiton since they opened the new store. Still a good selection on 3rd floor of Saks. Morris & Sons def carries it. So does George Greene, if I recall. I think GG even had some Kiton shoes?

GG may be the only place selling Kiton shoes in Chicago

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shirts but their shoes leave me cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics