Kiton shirt shrinkage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by azzkikr9, Sep 24, 2008.

1. azzkikr9

azzkikr9 Well-Known Member

A question regarding sleeves on Kiton shirts.

Will the sleeve length shrink considerably (or at least noticeably) after the first wash of a Kiton dress shirt? I wear a size 16.5/42 and find that the sleeves are just a bit long, not a lot though, but would like them to be shorter. I have yet to wash any of my Kiton shirts.

Also,

I stopped at a shop today and overheard that you can order MTO Kiton shirts with different combinations of collar size and body size, for instance a 16.5 collar on a 41 or 40 body, is this true? Thanks.

2. drljva

drljva Senior member

I've never experienced anything more than, say, 1/4" shrinkage on the sleeves of my RTW Kiton shirts.

A question regarding sleeves on Kiton shirts.

Will the sleeve length shrink considerably (or at least noticeably) after the first wash of a Kiton dress shirt? I wear a size 16.5/42 and find that the sleeves are just a bit long, not a lot though, but would like them to be shorter. I have yet to wash any of my Kiton shirts.

Also,

I stopped at a shop today and overheard that you can order MTO Kiton shirts with different combinations of collar size and body size, for instance a 16.5 collar on a 41 or 40 body, is this true? Thanks.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don't see why you can't order made to order with the collar and body size you want. I'm sure the can accommodate your request.

4. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Very little shrinkage, if any, on any of my three dozen Kiton shirts.

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have had very little shrinkage on my Kiton shirts. I was especially expecting it on two loose weave oxford cloth shirts and never noticed any shrinkage on them at all.

7. aldica

aldica Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of having the sleeves shortened on a Kiton shirt, prior to laundering it. Needless to say, the sleeves are now too short. Since then, I take the shirts and wash them in cold water. Then I go to my neighborhood Chinese laundry, where they hand press them for $2.05. I think washing is superior to dry cleaning, because I found that dry cleaning begins to yellow a shirt after awhile.

In any case, I suggest you wash it first, and then, if it is still too long, have it altered. I believe they remove the cuff and move it up a notch.

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Someone said, could have been RJ, that Kiton shirts launder best when a cup or so of feline urine is added to the wash.......... Or maybe I dreamed it................[​IMG]

9. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

[​IMG]

10. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

No shrinkage on any of my five dozen Kiton shirts either.
    Yet I haven't worn them for a while. Well, not since I took delivery of my five dozen Anna Matuozzo shirts.

11. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

you have 120 shirts? is the bullshit getting a bit thick in here?