• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton shirt proxy needed - wherever they're available.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if these requests ever work out, but... I was browsing the Kiton site and found a photo of some check shirts, which I now need almost as much as oxygen.
oa829c.jpg
Larger: http://i51.tinypic.com/nlx1zn.jpg I'm looking for someone who can get hold of one or all of the ones I like, which starting from the left are the red check, orange check and green/navy check, all next to one another. Size would be 15.75 - 16 or medium. Obviously I'd pay a fair price for your trouble.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the Kiton shop in Las Vegas. I'm sure they ship it to you.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look like a couple I have form 2010'. Checkout STF - Ian has a good selection at present, (and you will not be 'raped', as with some of the other online sellers)..

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Look like a couple I have form 2010'. Checkout STF - Ian has a good selection at present, (and you will not be 'raped', as with some of the other online sellers)..

sometimes when you want something you have to pay full retail.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
sometimes when you want something you have to pay full retail.
What's full retail on a Kiton shirt anyways, $800?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
I have seen them priced from $7xx to $12xx. All 100% cotton (like TF and Lanvin's 4-digit shirts), and I'll be damned if I can tell what the $500 range represents.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Kiton vs. Charvet MTM seems like a no brainer at $700, let alone $1200.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$1200? Seriously? WTF?

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon

I have bought several from STF. They don't have these though, unfortunately. These are s/s 2010.

I have no idea how much these will cost. I'm sort of hoping they'll be on sale by now.
frown.gif

I have one Kiton shirt with $995 on the tag. Of course I didn't pay that.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the Kiton name that's the must have or is it the paricular fabric/color?

Ever consider sourcing similar colored fabrics and having them made?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01

It's at least $500 and up.

Originally Posted by lee_44106

I think its both. I'm not sure about their fabric for shirts but their suit fabrics are supposedly exclusive to them and they are quite nice tothe touch.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

It's primarily the fabrics. It's hard to find patterns I like on lower price items or at any of the online MTM sites. But it's also the quality. Kiton shirts are by far the nicest I've ever owned. The fabrics, the construction, the buttons and the collars are all excellent.

But if I found a source for quality shirting fabric with similar patterns I would be interested.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
It's primarily the fabrics. It's hard to find patterns I like on lower price items or at any of the online MTM sites. But it's also the quality. Kiton shirts are by far the nicest I've ever owned. The fabrics, the construction, the buttons and the collars are all excellent.

But if I found a source for quality shirting fabric with similar patterns I would be interested.

Did you check out any of the other Neapolitan shirtmakers? I've seen some Finamore and Borrelli OTR with similar patterns. You could always try Finamore or Barba MTM, which would be substantially cheaper. Unless it's Kiton's "exclusive fabrics" that were an absolute must

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few of OTR Finamore shirts with similar patterns and also had couple made up from their fabric selections. Both Decorato in NYC, and Louis Boston carry the Finamore OTR shirts. The ones I got weren't as bright but they are very similar. If you are stuck on Kiton though, I would suggest calling there store in NYC I would imagine that they will ship them to you. Hope this helps.

-LR

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck with buying online or over the phone, which can be tricky. (I'm in the UK and nowhere near London).

I would buy Borrelli and Finamore if I could find them in this style.

If anyone has any shirts like the above I would buy them for considerably higher than standard SF used item rates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads