• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton, santoni, etc. up for auction

naturlaut

Reaction score
Leaving for a trip soon, so want to clean out my eBay items. Â Here they are: Naturlaut's auctions Free shipping to all members. Â Feel free to make me offers. Naturlaut p/s,. BTW, did you guys see this?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
p/s,. BTW, did you guys see this?
Yes, I saw it. I was following that auction because I was interested in the magazine. I started shaking my head when the price reached $40 and nearly fainted when I saw the final price. I certainly hope that you have a few more -- you could make yourself quite a bit of money.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was actually willing to pay a pretty penny for that, but it got really insane...

Congrats. And please find more.

naturlaut

Reaction score
I had a good idea that it will sell, but not like that, though I am not complaining. I just came back from Japan (helped Jun K. catalog his Greens
smile.gif
) and the shoe market is just jaw dropping. This magazine is so rare that it's not even in regular magazine stores or book stores (like Kinokuniya). I will post some pictures on the forum later if you are interested. I think the "history of Green lasts" is amazing, as well as comparisons of Lobb lasts and of course, basically a mini-catalog of all the shoe makers you know or you don't know.

MikeF

Reaction score
Naturalut: how true to size are those Santonis? By way of comparison, EGs on a 606 last in UK size 10.5 fit me about half a size too big. Will the Santonis in 10 fit? Or are they a true 11?

naturlaut

Reaction score
Someone just asked me more or less the same question. In my opinion, they fit like EG's 89 of the same size. So if EG's 10.5 is half size too big, then these Santoni 10 should be just fine.

MikeF

Reaction score
That brings me to another question, I suppose: is there any room to move on the price?

And how do these compare to the Sutor Mantellassis up on yoox right now for about US$300?

naturlaut

Reaction score
The Mantellassi on Yoox are those with sewn-on label, meaning, the lower line. The better line of Mantellassi that could compare to this line of Santoni would be the ones with the Mantellassi signature. In my opinion, those on Yoox are not quite worth the $300 they are asking. You could get better deals during Saks or BG's sales.

I will PM you on the price.

Naturlaut

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Mantellassi on Yoox are those with sewn-on label, meaning, the lower line.
Am I correct in thinking that these Mantellassis are Blake-constructed, rather than the welted (Goodyear or Norwegian) shoes that bear the handwritten Mantellassi label?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So if EG's 10.5 is half size too big, then these Santoni 10 should be just fine.
Well, that means you have me bracketed. 9.5 would be good for me. Oh, well. I didn't want black shoes anyway.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Mens Ex shoe magazine lists "New and Lingwood" as "New and Ringwood" on the cover?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Mens Ex shoe magazine lists "New and Lingwood" as "New and Ringwood" on the cover?
Ha ha, yeah, they do this in South Korea sometimes also. Instead of "musical" they'll type "musicar." And this was in the Korea GQ, no less.

BjornH

Reaction score
Yes - this always makes me snicker a little. In this region it seems that L and R are easly confused, as strange as it seems to me. I remember a lounge singer in Thailand singing about "The gleen gleen glass of home" and it stuck with me.

B

FCS

Reaction score
In general, Chinese have hard time pronouncing R (flied lice anybody?) while Japanese have difficulties with L (farring in rove with you).

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The pearr is in the liver" -Under the Rainbow, 1981

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads