• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton Overcoat: Thoughts?

Lawman231

Reaction score
There are also a couple eBay sellers (new old stock/overstock dealers; not used) which offer return policies and I've had good experiences with if you're looking for some more reasonably priced ones. Depending on your size there are some really good picks out there!
I’ll check it out. Shopthefinest didn’t have any other overcoats in my size, unfortunately.

Lawman231

Reaction score
And it doesn't hurt that the dollar is quite strong against the Euro right now.
I checked out idiot. I was amazed to see that the plaid Kiton coat is being sold there via eBay. I also found a belted Kiton overcoat, also cashmere, that I like. I’m just concerned that both of them look like lightweight fabric. The Cuvinelli is much heavier.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out idiot. I was amazed to see that the plaid Kiton coat is being sold there via eBay. I also found a belted Kiton overcoat, also cashmere, that I like. I’m just concerned that both of them look like lightweight fabric. The Cuvinelli is much heavier.
If you get on their website tomorrow you can use their live chat feature and ask to have them check the fabric weight, or any other details of items. They should be able to do that pretty quickly for you.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And yes, they also sell on Ebay. Porcamo is the seller name I believe. Some of their pricing varies a little on Ebay vs IsuiT.

Lawman231

Reaction score
There are also a couple eBay sellers (new old stock/overstock dealers; not used) which offer return policies and I've had good experiences with if you're looking for some more reasonably priced ones. Depending on your size there are some really good picks out there!
The problem is my size. I’m a size 48, and there aren’t a lot of those out there. Here is a really nice navy 100 percent cashmere Kiton that is only $1500. It’s belted, but I’m not sure how I feel about that. Isuit tells me it is heavy winter weight. It’s probably my first choice right now. Half the price of the plaid coat. I’ve decided that the Cucinelli is just too much money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads