• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton or bespoke? Here is the question :)

GGsquared

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Since the discussion turned to Kiton vs. bespoke and the Rubinacci thing fade away, I changed the title of the thread accordingly.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since the discussion turned to Kiton vs. bespoke and the Rubinacci thing fade away, I changed the title of the thread accordingly.

Heres another thread you should look at. In this one we have another famous neopolitan maker Attolini, as well as two bespoke makers, steed and rubinacci. But please take note that the suit edwin from steed made for me looks nothing like what is posted so its good to keep in mind that it will be different for each person.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/174558/poll-attolini-vs-rubinacci-vs-steed

P.S: I would post pics of mine but I'm in the process of shipping back all my stuff to singapore.

Musella

Reaction score
Since you are new to bespoke, it is good to pinpoint some insights about it.
Kiton standard may be good for a MTM but not at the same time for a bespoke garment.
The same "quality standard" also can be applied to bespoke, because if the tailor atelier is high level, the quality will be always the same, same persons=same superior quality
But if you will go to a superior atelier, you will get much more than this, superior handicraft quality, a garment made on your body by the human hand and generational experience and many other things is something unique, it is totally uncomparable to MTM.
If you want, you can pass by our atelier (without obligation), I will show you something about all this.

Last edited:

dirkweems

Reaction score
Ugliest shoes ever. Sorry, someone had to say it. The baby is not "breath-taking", and the shoes are just plain fugly. Big, clunky, squarish, and did I mention fugly? Those fat heels...are these bespoke shoes for that vertically challenged nut job scientologist Thomas Mapother Cruise (OT VIII).

And back o the thread, I'm a bit of a wimp too. I've been using the same tailor on Savile Row for 20+ years. I'm very happy with everything he has ever made. Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I tried someone else. But it's beem 20+ years since I had stuff made up and down the row. The same with watches. Rolex was an obsession until I bought my first PP. Now Rolex is the red headed stepchild.

Tough choice. Kiton has been good to you. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Or, you only live once. What have you really got to lose having one bespoke Rubinacci suit made up? Let me live vicariously through you.

Just don't buy those fugly shoes to go with your new suit, whatever it may be.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ugliest shoes ever. Sorry, someone had to say it. The baby is not "breath-taking", and the shoes are just plain fugly. Big, clunky, squarish, and did I mention fugly? Those fat heels...

+1. Actually, I was reminded of the (in)famous crocodile eye shoe we all had some fun with here 4-5 years ago...

GGsquared

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Ugliest shoes ever. Sorry, someone had to say it. The baby is not "breath-taking", and the shoes are just plain fugly. Big, clunky, squarish, and did I mention fugly? Those fat heels...are these bespoke shoes for that vertically challenged nut job scientologist Thomas Mapother Cruise (OT VIII).
And back o the thread, I'm a bit of a wimp too. I've been using the same tailor on Savile Row for 20+ years. I'm very happy with everything he has ever made. Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I tried someone else. But it's beem 20+ years since I had stuff made up and down the row. The same with watches. Rolex was an obsession until I bought my first PP. Now Rolex is the red headed stepchild.
Tough choice. Kiton has been good to you. If it ain't broke, why fix it. Or, you only live once. What have you really got to lose having one bespoke Rubinacci suit made up? Let me live vicariously through you.
Just don't buy those fugly shoes to go with your new suit, whatever it may be.

I was not even cosidering it. They are really ugly! It is hard to even look at them :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads