• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton diffusion line?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton has a new line that is launched at a bit lower price point, in the 3000 area. Does anyone recall the name i'm not sure if its in store but i saw it in new york, sold through Massimo Bizzocchi and sold by John Young. I think it was Sartoriale? Figured if anyone knew it would be on here but its driving me crazy.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I have not seen this one...Massimo sells suits under his own name.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sartorio?

horton

Reaction score
I haven't seen them. I thought these were also targeting a younger audience, not just lower price point

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Sartorio sportscoat. It's not specifically cut for a younger audience - fabric is classic too

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a Sartorio overcoat bought from forum member A harris. Quality is great, full canvassed and all, fabric is decent, not as light as I wish it was. The cut of the lapels is very sharp, suggesting a more aggressive look rather than relax Italian vibe. I can post some pics later.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sartorio is the second line of Kiton. It is nice stuff but has a bit of a stiffer feel than the main line. I am not sure of the utility of having a second line, but my eyes tell me that Kiton does not sell well in Italy other than to the tourist trade while Sartorio is more frequently seen outside of Kiton boutiques. In Naples in particular, Kiton is not sold while Sartorio is rather widely distributed.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
How does the quality compare between the two?

Well, Kiton's quality is shaky, at best, so............

I keed, I keed, ALL HANDMADE!........by artisans........
wink.gif

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The coat as is, no alterations. The sleeves are slightly short, and I might nip the waist in just slightly. The way my arms are positioned makes a bit difficult to tell the shape of the coat actually, but for what it's worth...

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
Gorgeous coat. From that shot, it doesn't look like you really need to nip the waist. It fits perfectly -- even the sleeves seem pretty good to me.

rolls

Reaction score
I think maomao1980's coat is the same I listed in B&S a while back.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...light=sartorio

After it failed to sell, I wore it a couple times. Lot's of compliments.

In my opinion it's a well-styled, well-constructed coat. The waist is nicely nipped, and the shoulders look awesome. It is pretty warm, as maomao1980 mentioned. Also, although I like the color and the stitching is well-done, I think I would have preferred a lining other than cotton.

Overall, I wouldn't shy away from Sartorio at the right price. It's not Kiton mainline, but terrific style and nice construction.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rolls
I think maomao1980's coat is the same I listed in B&S a while back.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...light=sartorio

After it failed to sell, I wore it a couple times. Lot's of compliments.

In my opinion it's a well-styled, well-constructed coat. The waist is nicely nipped, and the shoulders look awesome. It is pretty warm, as maomao1980 mentioned. Also, although I like the color and the stitching is well-done, I think I would have preferred a lining other than cotton.

Overall, I wouldn't shy away from Sartorio at the right price. It's not Kiton mainline, but terrific style and nice construction.

Yeap, same coat, one size down (EU48)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics