• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kiton cotton

seanandnik

Reaction score
Earlier in the week I was at Bergdorf's NY sale and looking at polo shirts, the sale was fairly extensive, there were dress shirts, sport shirts, and sweaters. I am not sure of pants and shoes though, anyways I bought a grreat Brioni linen sport shirt marked down to $129 from $360. The shirt I am writing about though was a blue/red striped,short sleeved, Kiton 100% cotton polo. I swear this was softer than any cashmere I have ever felt. Honestly, how can one companies cotton be so much softer than others? I am not exagerating here, this was softer than cashmere, but even marked from $660 to $340 it was a little steep for me and also Kiton runs small and a large was like a medium ,too small.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Kiton tends to buy small batch exclusive cottons. Some of their dress shirt cotton is woven on a Riva silk loom for extra fineness. I'm not sure where they exactly buy their polo cotton from.

yellman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seanandnik
Earlier in the week I was at Bergdorf's NY sale and looking at polo shirts, the sale was fairly extensive, there were dress shirts, sport shirts, and sweaters. I am not sure of pants and shoes though, anyways I bought a grreat Brioni linen sport shirt marked down to $129 from $360. The shirt I am writing about though was a blue/red striped,short sleeved, Kiton 100% cotton polo. I swear this was softer than any cashmere I have ever felt. Honestly, how can one companies cotton be so much softer than others? I am not exagerating here, this was softer than cashmere, but even marked from $660 to $340 it was a little steep for me and also Kiton runs small and a large was like a medium ,too small.

sea island cotton comes in a few variites and is known for its softness

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I wish I was in NYC some days to check out these fine stores. I should be there on business in the next few weeks, just in time for full retail at $600.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.