Kiton cotton

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seanandnik, Jul 22, 2006.

1. seanandnik

seanandnik Senior member

Earlier in the week I was at Bergdorf's NY sale and looking at polo shirts, the sale was fairly extensive, there were dress shirts, sport shirts, and sweaters. I am not sure of pants and shoes though, anyways I bought a grreat Brioni linen sport shirt marked down to $129 from $360. The shirt I am writing about though was a blue/red striped,short sleeved, Kiton 100% cotton polo. I swear this was softer than any cashmere I have ever felt. Honestly, how can one companies cotton be so much softer than others? I am not exagerating here, this was softer than cashmere, but even marked from $660 to $340 it was a little steep for me and also Kiton runs small and a large was like a medium ,too small.

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Kiton tends to buy small batch exclusive cottons. Some of their dress shirt cotton is woven on a Riva silk loom for extra fineness. I'm not sure where they exactly buy their polo cotton from.

3. yellman

yellman Senior member

Earlier in the week I was at Bergdorf's NY sale and looking at polo shirts, the sale was fairly extensive, there were dress shirts, sport shirts, and sweaters. I am not sure of pants and shoes though, anyways I bought a grreat Brioni linen sport shirt marked down to $129 from $360. The shirt I am writing about though was a blue/red striped,short sleeved, Kiton 100% cotton polo. I swear this was softer than any cashmere I have ever felt. Honestly, how can one companies cotton be so much softer than others? I am not exagerating here, this was softer than cashmere, but even marked from $660 to $340 it was a little steep for me and also Kiton runs small and a large was like a medium ,too small.

sea island cotton comes in a few variites and is known for its softness

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton has the most remarkable fabrics I've come across. The "hand" of their fabric is always pleasing to experience.
    Now, I'm sorry I didn't get to the Bergdorf sale.

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I wish I was in NYC some days to check out these fine stores. I should be there on business in the next few weeks, just in time for full retail at $600. [​IMG]