• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton and borrelli denim!

Lomezz

Reaction score
Went to the local Barnes and Noble during lunch time to go over a few magazines, and the new Robb Report has a piece on premium denim featuring the new Kiton and Borrelli denim lines (in a plethora of those god awful Italian pastel colors).

At least for Borrelli, they claim exclusive use of Japanese denim (the best?) and many construction details. Prices? close to $400.

I'd hate to see those houses devolve into silly lifestyle brands.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? I'm guessing they will use at most 3 pleats on the jeans.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to see ugly jeans, you should check out Brioni. These houses should stick to their strengths. If some rich fuddy duddy asks the salesguy at Kiton for jeans, he should be directed down the street to 45RPM or something - even more outrageous prices, but at least those jeans can be called proper jeans. Plus, they can experience the reverse discrimination that young, casually dressed guys get when they go into Vestiti or something. Just this time, the look they get will be "Ugh. Kiton suit, conservative tie. Looks like we've got us a dead fish here..."

bryce330

Reaction score
I saw Borrelli jeans at their store in Naples last month - I didn't look too closely but the ones I saw were in fairly normal colors (blue, brown, etc.) and fairly conservative in styling.   The material didn't seem to be anything special, but I have no idea what Japanese denim feels like.  I believe they were priced around 200 Euro.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I buy jeans from The GAP; 40-odd dollars each (when not on sale, which they rarely are), they barely fade with repeated washings, look good on almost anybody and can be found in a plethora of sizes. When I want to spend $400 on pants I buy dress trousers, not jeans. And I at one time thought that $215 Zegna jeans were a rip-off.

Jon.

Lomezz

Reaction score
Discostu,

The Robb Report article mentioned SBU denim as well, and I actually liked the wash pictured there. What are their cuts like in terms of rise, leg shape, etc.? I assume they're beyond Diesel in terms of pricing, no?

Bryce: in re Borrelli colors, I think the article mentioned something about them offering denim in the same palette as their sport jackets, so their clients can match (lilac jacket and fuchsia jeans anybody?) I'm sure they also have 'normal' jeans colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads