• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton and attolini stuff for sale

donlipa

Reaction score
I have some really nice new unaltered Kiton and Attolini stuff that's going up on ebay in a couple weeks that I'd like to offer to the group. I don't have pics yet but if you are interested I'll take some this weekend and also send measurements. All are around an American size 42R. Feel free to email with any questions to [email protected].

1) Kiton 100% Cashmere Suit 51R: 3 button quarter lined jacket (lapel rolls so top button can be left undone). Pattern is a tan/red/olive/green microplaid that comes off has a tan/light olive. Pants have 2 pleats. New and unaltered with Stanley Korshak tag retailing for $4695. I'd like to get $1400 for this one.

2) Sartoria Attolini Super 150s Tuxedo 52R: Black 1 button peak lapel jacket. New and unaltered with Scott & Co tag retailing for $4200. I'd like to get $1500 for this one.

3) Kiton 53R Suit: Navy 3 button suit. Pants have a single pleat. New and unaltered with no tags sleeves have buttons attached with faux button holes. I'd like to get $1100 for this one.

4) Kiton 50/50 Cashmere/Wool Overcoat 52R: This is a really nice one. Coat is light brown and 1/2 lined in a nice medium weight fabric. Single breasted with 5 buttons down the front. Falls to just above the knees. New with Bergdorf Goodman tags retailing for $3295. I'd like to get $800 for this one.

FCS

Reaction score
G'day, I thought American 42R would be something like 54R European?

donlipa

Reaction score
That has not been my experience with Kiton or Attolini or Isaia for that matter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G'day, I thought American 42R would be something like 54R European?

An American 42R is more like a European 52R (actually, Italian, since the French have yet another system.) Of course, this depends on the particular manufacturer. Hugo Boss suits are rather generous, for example, as are a lot of American makers who cut for the typical American man (thick, tubular chest and torso, shorter arms) including, but not limited to, Brooks Brothers and Hickey Freeman. A lot of British and Italian suits are cut the same through the chest, but have considerably more waist suppression. And pants have a larger drop - 7 is pretty standard, compared to the drop of 6 (or even less, in many cases) for American suits.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, lots of America makers make their sizes bigger, so as to flatter their fat customers. Sir, you're not a 38 waist. You're just a 36 waist. Congratulations. No, on second thought, you're a fat bastard. Get the larger size, tubby.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really though - one maker's 54 can fit slimmer than another's 52. There is a range. For some makes and models Euro 52 = US 42 and for others a Euro 54 = US 42. I've even seen Euro 56 = US 42 before.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a range. For some makes and models Euro 52 = US 42 and for others a Euro 54 = US 42. I've even seen Euro 56 = US 42 before.

That's true. Compare a Hugo Boss to a Dior Homme, for example. I find this is mostly so with designer clothing though (Balenciaga XL is a smallish medium in most universes, and Dsquared sizes are just all over the map.) In general, I find tailored clothing to be much more standardized.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads