• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KISHIDA Japanese "Men in Italy" photo blog

Biscione

Reaction score
I think that many people posting here are overly critical of the way these men dress... I think that a great deal of their outfits would be praised if they were posted in the 'what are you wearing today' thread.

Originally Posted by literasyme
I don't get the whole gloves-in-breast pocket thing -- just how dainty are these people's hands? I couldn't even fit one of mine in there, let alone both, and my overcoat's Italian.

What I don't get is why people are calling it a trend. I've done it ever since I've begun wearing coats for the simple reason that if I'm not wearing the gloves it's very easy to lose them if they're not put somewhere. I choose the breast pocket because it's more comfortable and doesn't break the line of the coat.

If you can't fit your gloves in, maybe your gloves are quite bulky. Or your coat pocket is quite small.

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
I actually like that Luca's pants are a bit dirty in the back, now that is sprezzatura!

I think that someone should begin compiling a list of when the word 'sprezzatura' is used in a completely incorrect context.

Khnelben

Reaction score
I think it's a nice blog. I like the pictures. Got some ideas off it.

The whole layering thing. And I like wearing pants just perfect when they meet the shoe.

I don't wear trainers much although have a few ked-type ones - so no Hogan for me. And of course some of the shop guys are a bit over the top.

But that's Italy ))

Andrey

chinoguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Ugh. This guy looks like every jackass from my high school just tried on a white sportcoat.

73121673ag6.jpg

I hate it when people match the color of their shoes "exactly" with their shirt.
That's how parents dress their children.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chinoguy
That's how parents dress their children.
So you hate the children? Holy necrothread!

chinoguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
So you hate the children? Holy necrothread!
Heheh, no all I mean is that it's better to wear basic complimentary colors then exactly-matching colors, especially when it comes to shoes. PS - I'm sorry for reviving all those old threads. Been ****** the search button heavily lately.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heheh, no all I mean is that it's better to wear basic complimentary colors then exactly-matching colors, especially when it comes to shoes.

PS - I'm sorry for reviving all those old threads. Been ****** the search button heavily lately.

Complementary.
teacha.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hehehe English is not my first language, but thanks for pointing that out!

Hey, there are plenty of people here who grew up speaking English who make the same mistake. No worries, it's just one of my many pet peeves.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%99%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AAJKT%E6%B1%BA.jpg

92705384uq4.jpg

Two great looks IMO. Digging the jacket in the first and the overcoat in the second is just smashing.

Overcoat too short, too fitted, Makes the guy look fey.

Annadale

Reaction score
I think my wife booked this guy for our kids birthday party last summer. O'Hooley the Clown, comes in a variety of outfits, with my favourite being '**** leprechaun'.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade

You must be an american if you call that coat too fitted.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade

Coat seems to fit fine to me.
puzzled.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads