• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

KISHIDA Japanese "Men in Italy" photo blog

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
japanese seem obsessed with dark skinned europeans with noses like the ledge of a cliff. preferably in tight pants

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
japanese seem obsessed with dark skinned europeans with noses like the ledge of a cliff. preferably in tight white pants

Fixed

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1

I, for one, will peep this site from time to time, but the subject matter seems of a limited appeal - if you can get behind the style of moneyed middle aged Italian men in the grownup-Eurotrash halfway zone between Lino Ieluzzi and Lapo Elkann, then you'd still only need to check this blog out once a month. It serves a particularly singular style tribe, albeit for a particular international audience. That said, I used to wear my squares like that dude, so I feel a certain affinity here and there and on a sartorial level, I'd so much rather be seeing rich Italians on the street than rich Middle Easterns - at least they will flaunt their status without logos, overabundant bling and tackily clashing colours

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just looked through the site. Most of it looks really affected, but some are more subtle. One older guy looked good in a few suits, and there were some reasonable casual outfits in there.

Makes me think they'd turn me away at immigration in Malpensa for not owning white jeans.

I might get a pair now. Dare I?

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just flicking through the site ... I'm surprised by how little I like most of the things pictured. A lot of them seem like an older, more sophisticated Abercrombie ... but that's still Abercrombie. Maybe I'm just turning into an MC crank

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. This guy looks like every jackass from my high school just tried on a white sportcoat.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Just flicking through the site ... I'm surprised by how little I like most of the things pictured. A lot of them seem like an older, more sophisticated Abercrombie ... but that's still Abercrombie. Maybe I'm just turning into an MC crank

Really? You don't like these? 'cept for the popped collar.
Granted, the blazer/shorts thing and the casual/tennis shoes suck.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40