• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

King's Custom Tailor - NYC

brass4321

Reaction score
Found this tailor next to Goldman Sachs in downtown NYC and I decided to have him make me a shirt - his fabric selection wasn't very large but what he had was nice - he was wearing one of his own shirts and it looked good - $75 and 2-3 weeks time - I'll take some pics for you all when it is ready - anyone try him before?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Is he the one across from (I think) 551 Water St? I dropped in there back in October. Typical "I can do anything!" pitch. Good selection of fabrics but mostly has books on hand, not bolts. Again, I think his starting price for suits was $1300 or so. Not bad, given the price of real estate and likely clientel.

Tom

brass4321

Reaction score
Yes, this is the place on Water Street you mentioned - apparently he had a shop around 93rd & Lex for about 10 years and has been at the current location for about a year. He has a nice selection of VBC fabrics starting at about $550-600 for a suit. Prices climb for Dormeuil, Zegna, Loro Piana and another I can't remember...something like Botti Botti, Gotti Gotti,....

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.