• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

King Leonidas Beard

jimbo123

Reaction score
I've wanted to grow a beard for a long time for religious as well as personal reasons. This is the style I want.

300.jpg

Has anyone got any advice for growing the beard for the first time? I'm worried that things will look scruffy or uneven as it's growing.

Second thing I was curious about is have you ever had any complements by women regarding your beard? Is it appreciated during sex?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimbo123
I've wanted to grow a beard for a long time for religious as well as personal reasons. This is the style I want.

300.jpg

Has anyone got any advice for growing the beard for the first time? I'm worried that things will look scruffy or uneven as it's growing.

Second thing I was curious about is have you ever had any complements by women regarding your beard? Is it appreciated during sex?

I had facial hair in my twenties. I largely did not get laid, because I looked 35. I shaved it off on my 30th birthday. I looked twenty five again, and I got laid.

Facial hair says that you care about your appearance too much, or that you don't care at all. Either is a turn-off to a woman. And unless you have very soft hair, it's scratchy for your partner.

In short, don't do it.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chief requirement for a beard like that is to have a similar facial hair pattern. Not everyone does.

jimbo123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
I had facial hair in my twenties. I largely did not get laid, because I looked 35. I shaved it off on my 30th birthday. I looked twenty five again, and I got laid.

Facial hair says that you care about your appearance too much, or that you don't care at all. Either is a turn-off to a woman. And unless you have very soft hair, it's scratchy for your partner.

In short, don't do it.

I'm not too worried about looking old or pulling. Let's say I'll find a lady that appreciates a beard. Thing I'm curious about in this regard is the kind of reactions you get during sex. Not that everyone would get the same reactions but I'm just wondering if it has made it more pleasurable for the women.

Can facial hair really be that scratchy? I mean if I were to grow it out like King Leonidas?

jimbo123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The chief requirement for a beard like that is to have a similar facial hair pattern. Not everyone does.
How do you mean?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try growing it for a week or two and seeing how you feel.

And yes, it is itchy.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Facial hair says that you care about your appearance too much, or that you don't care at all. Either is a turn-off to a woman.

did you really just say females don't like men with facial hair?

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in my humble experience females do like facial hair. If your hair is short, keep facial hair a bit short but present.

If you have slick looking bit longer hair, you can grow a short beard and females will dig it.

I am of the first category and practically every girl ive dated has told me she preferred it when i kept a bit of facial hair.

My friend is of the 2nd and women are always complimenting his look.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you mean?

Some people's beards don't connect to their moustaches. Some people don't have much growing on their soul-spot. Different people have different facial here patterns, and some are not amenable to growing this particular shape of beard.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
It's a beard. Grow it. If you don't like it, shave it. The whole process will only take a few months.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never trust complements from women. They are people pleasers and tell you what they think you want to hear. Such complements are also used to justify faux hawks, facial tattoos and ear gauging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics