• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kindle 3 Cases

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I simply cannot find a good one. Since i trust all you stylish mofos who have nothing better to do than dredge the net to find me awesome ****, please find me a sexy ass leather kindle 3 case.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The quality of this leather is great and if the logo patch bothers you too much and you dont mind microscopic threading holes, you can cut it out. I had this equivalent for my Kindle 2. The one for Kindle 3 is the same thing with only a size difference.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...estyleforum-20

I have this for my Kindle 3. The elastic band is great because the Kindle feels very secure and safe when it's closed. The leather is recessed where the band rests. Great if you carry it to work every day or travel. The leather is fine

They have a ver with a built in light that I have no used before:

Whatever you do buy, there are two "Must have" features. The first is that you need to make sure the cover fold back over itself easily. The Kindle was designed for one hand reading, so make it easy for yourself. The second is that it needs to attach from the spine. The mechanism for spine attachment is very strong and well designed. I've handled a Kindle that attached by the corners with elastic and it shifts and just doesn't feel nice.

deaddog

Reaction score
Can't help you on a daily case (I use the one that came with my 2 and I like it) but for travel I highly recommend the Waterfield/SF bags sleeves with flap. I have used them on 2 kindles and a number of laptops and they provide fantastic protection. To clarify, I use what they call the Exo that holds my K2 and its Amazon provided cover http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindl...exo-kindle.php sfbags.com

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ideally there would be something in between the Cole Haan (at that price point, you could almost buy another wifi kindle) and the Amazon version (which feels nasty and cheap to me, though I guess it gets the job done). Although the SFBag approach of just using a sleeve case might work. That has the advantage of less bulk when actually using the Kindle.

BryanHarig

Reaction score
I got the Cole Haan for my girlfriend's kindle, the price is silly but it is a lot better then any of the other easily available cases.

Only downsides:

- it is a little "floppy" I expected a little more structure

- no flap, clasp, strap or magnet to hold it closed.

East2West

Reaction score
I have the amazon one and it does the job rather nicely. For that price, why not?

997CTSurg

Alpha-M
Reaction score
Oberon Design has some interesting leather cases for iPad and Kindle.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by P. Bateman
What screen protector do you use?
You really dont need one. I carry mine to and from work and travel with it all the time and never had anything happen, and if you get fingerprints on the screen they are easy to clean off.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about one from Moleskine? http://www.moleskine.com/about_us/ne...ybrid_tool.php

I got a Moleskine cover for my Kobo and it is very nice -- don't have a Kindle, though, so YMMV.
smile.gif

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went caseless with my Kindle 2 until a drop broke it.

Kindle 3 - I am just using the Amazon case with light - yes the leather is hard as a rock, but it works and the built in light is sometimes useful and uses the Kindle's battery which means no need to deal with charging more than one thing.

My wife has an M-Edge case on her Kindle 2 and the leather is much higher quality than the Amazon branded one. It isn't as svelte as the Cole Haan one, but it provides a bit more padding. Their Kindle 3 cases should be out by now so you may want to check them out.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Pad & Quill case today. It's awesome. Fits like a bespoke glove.
ieu8Qy.jpg
ieu6Iq.jpg

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^What secures the kindle inside of it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads