Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

kind of cotton on Boss and Versace shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Azure, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Azure

Azure Senior member

Hi

I have a doubt, Versace and Boss white dress shirts are made on Batista,Popeline,Oxford or Twill Cotton?

I want to mimic Versace´s cotton on a MTM shirt.. just wondering.

Thanks

2. Azure

Azure Senior member

Any help please?

Thanks

3. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Any help please?

Thanks

It's going to depend on the individual shirt. That's why no one can help you.

4. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

+1

post a pic and we can tell you

5. Azure

Azure Senior member

+1

post a pic and we can tell you

If I posted a pic it would be kinda difficult to look out between Popeline or Batista. Even my mother can´t do touching them with a big lense.

I mean their " basic" white dress shirts. I guess that everyone will have them on their mind...

Thanks![​IMG]

6. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

Hi

I have a doubt, Versace and Boss white dress shirts are made on Batista,Popeline,Oxford or Twill Cotton?

I want to mimic Versace´s cotton on a MTM shirt.. just wondering.

Thanks

Sounds like you want to make a fake Versace or Boss shirt without actually looking at it.

7. Azure

Azure Senior member

Sounds like you want to make a fake Versace or Boss shirt without actually looking at it.

Well, I want to order a Delsiena MTM shirt with same cotton as the white Versace and Boss that I already got. It seems like a fat twill or a batista.. both shirts got the same cotton.

How would you know by just a picture without maximizing it to catch the threads?

Thanks

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Most versace shrts use crap fabric, lots of polyester

9. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Boss is no better. $195 for a shirt with a flimsy collar that is as almot as soft as the shirt material itself!

10. FidelCashflow

Boss is no better. $195 for a shirt with a flimsy collar that is as almot as soft as the shirt material itself!
    I've found most boss shirt fabrics to be of reasonable quality. $195 is super high for a boss shirt though, does anyone actually sell them for that price??? Collar stiffness is all personal preference, but from my experience boss is about average in this department. Note: (By "reasonable", I mean a fabric that doesn't feel like plastic or polyester in your hands, and still look/feel the same after a few washes)

11. Azure

Azure Senior member

I have never seen such a bad shirt man!

The ones I have are priced ; Versace 120, Boss normal one with strong collar 79 euros, both with a fabric than I can´t tell between batista or popeline. 100 % cotton of course!!

Any help?

12. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

$195 is super high for a boss shirt though, does anyone actually sell them for that price???

Note: (By "reasonable", I mean a fabric that doesn't feel like plastic or polyester in your hands, and still look/feel the same after a few washes)

Boss currently has a 30% off sale on most of their shirts, so that particular one will be about $130..

13. Azure

Azure Senior member

So is popelin or batista cotton?

14. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

+1 Versace has many different lines and many different types of cotton in their shirts, depending on the type of shirt they are trying to make. They probably span the entire gamut of materials and price ranges. So, you have to be more specific. there could be hundreds... thousands?... of varieties.

15. FidelCashflow

Boss currently has a 30% off sale on most of their shirts, so that particular one will be about $130..

Well to be fair, if you're talking about an actual Hugo Boss store, I think they actually put an excessive mark-up on all their clothes compared to what other retailers charge. Nordstrom's website has hugo boss shirts starting at $95, regular price.