• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kimbo Slice wins MMA debut

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone think this dude is actually gonna be good at MMA?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a backyard brawl where he knocked some guy's eye out, gross. I'd like to see the match, I didn't think he'd win anything seeing as how he got beat by Gannon, who is 0-1 in UFC and he only fights fat guys who can't fight in his videos.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, he faught Merciless Ray Mercer, who's like 50 years old and not a real MMA fighter. Put him in the cage with a real MMA heavyweight and see how long he lasts.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll probably do as well as Tank Abbott . . . pretty well if this was 1994, not 2007.

fareau

Reaction score
Just watched it on YouTube. I was expecting to see more of an upright punching match given both fighters' backgrounds; had that been the case, Mercer would have been at a distinct advantage. I supsect that Kimbo felt he had to get Mercer on the ground if he was going to have a clear chance of winning the fight. I suspect that Kimbo will handle that Tank character rather handily, having just watched a couple of his fights on YouTube. Whether he will end up being a force in MMA is hard to say.....

In fairness, though, I find the whole MMA thing leaves me feeling disappointed. I don't find the choke holds and submissions very exciting. I also don't like the fact that there is nothing equivalent to a standing eight count; one lucky punch with a little follow up can easily end a match in the first few seconds (kind of like the the recent Rampage vs. Liddle fight). I know the same thing can happen in boxing, but not to the same extent you see in these MMA matches...

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fareau
Just watched it on YouTube. I was expecting to see more of an upright punching match given both fighters' backgrounds; had that been the case, Mercer would have been at a distinct advantage. I supsect that Kimbo felt he had to get Mercer on the ground if he was going to have a clear chance of winning the fight. I suspect that Kimbo will handle that Tank character rather handily, having just watched a couple of his fights on YouTube. Whether he will end up being a force in MMA is hard to say.....

In fairness, though, I find the whole MMA thing leaves me feeling disappointed. I don't find the choke holds and submissions very exciting. I also don't like the fact that there is nothing equivalent to a standing eight count; one lucky punch with a little follow up can easily end a match in the first few seconds (kind of like the the recent Rampage vs. Liddle fight). I know the same thing can happen in boxing, but not to the same extent you see in these MMA matches...

Kimbo won't survive in the ring against a veteran MMA fighter. Look at Gannon - he's an average MMA fighter and basically stalemated Kimbo. Kimbo gets on the ground and he's done, imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads