• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

killspencer handcrafted bags from LA

fedskater

Reaction score

I think it won't go in the pocket of the backpack if I put it in the sleeve. I don't really worry because I never throw the backpack anywhere if I had a laptop in it. If you are just a little more careful it shouldn't be a problem.

Awesome! Thanks so much for answering my questions.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quality is truly amazing--sorry can't upload picks right now, currently traveling. I'd call KillSpencer and ask them to send you some more pics via email or head over to their instagram for more pics.

I was blown away by the quality when I received it. Much better than my previous TOJ day back.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble with their "military spec" black hardware? In particular, does it handle salt air gracefully, or is it prone to corrosion?

scamster

Reaction score

killspencer.

scamster

Reaction score
Concordia I have the weekender 2.0 and have had no problems with the black hardware although it's never been anywhere near salt or the sea.

Exdeath

Reaction score
I had the messenger and live in a relatively humid tropical country. Not a fan of the black hardware at all - it seems to be just coated zinc/iron, and the moment the coating wears off (which is pretty damn fast, especially for the bits where the metal parts rub against each other like the strap attachments) they get corroded and develop brown rust.

If only they bothered to use brass hardware instead of having this gigantic 'military spec' hard-on their bags would be way more appealing.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the messenger and live in a relatively humid tropical country. Not a fan of the black hardware at all - it seems to be just coated zinc/iron, and the moment the coating wears off (which is pretty damn fast, especially for the bits where the metal parts rub against each other like the strap attachments) they get corroded and develop brown rust.

If only they bothered to use brass hardware instead of having this gigantic 'military spec' hard-on their bags would be way more appealing.

can you replace those pieces?

any more pics of the daypack leather / suede? it looks awesome and i'm pretty sure i'm going to get it even though i already have another black leather backpack...

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or better yet - a long-term review of the daypack leather / suede (and pics if possible) would be awesome...

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or better yet - a long-term review of the daypack leather / suede (and pics if possible) would be awesome...
I had the original leather/suede daypack and it is a great backpack. My luggage was stolen few weeks ago so I am about to order new one as it was my-go to backpack for last 4 years I think and it was still like new after all that time.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the original leather/suede daypack and it is a great backpack. My luggage was stolen few weeks ago so I am about to order new one as it was my-go to backpack for last 4 years I think and it was still like new after all that time.

thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads