• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kill Bill Deluxe Edition

Ramses

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea when an unedited, uncut edition of Kill Bill will be released on to DVD in the United States? I hate it when companies release the DVD twice and I will not buy Kill Bill (2 DVDs) unless it is the final edition.
Does anyone have any idea what Quentin Tarantino is doing. I am interested to know what your opinions of Quentin Tarantino are as a director. I have friends who are film students and some idolize him and others think he is superbly overrated.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO he is overrated. But as for the DVD, check over at DVDTalk.com, they probably have some info on it.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I want Kill Bill on dvd, but am holding out for a single limited collectors extremely rare with uncut bloopers behind the scenes alternate endings commentary by every single cast member footage edition where the movie runs straight thru.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm in the same boat. I want Kill Bill on dvd, but am holding out for a single limited collectors extremely rare with uncut bloopers behind the scenes alternate endings commentary by every single cast member footage edition where the movie runs straight thru.

Same. For real though, wtf, I thought it was supposed to be out shortly after the second was released on DVD.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I have heard that he wants to re-cut it and put it back into theaters as one film, but this will not be done until Grindhouse is finished, I would assume.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wait until he finishes the trilogy, then buy that.

Newton

Reaction score
What trilogy, Reggs?

Kill Bill 1 & 2 were meant to be one film but they split it into two because they couldn't bear editing it down to one manageable film.

As for Tarantino, I have a lot of time for him. Kill Bill 1 & 2 were fantastic films. I just love everything he does. He's like a child in a playground... he creates these ridiculous, almost cartoonish images and characters that are very entertaining.

Not to be taken too seriously. Just lots of fun.

Oldboy

Reaction score
There was supposed to be a special edition, uncut version of both films edited together - called "The Whole Bloody Affair" - but it never came out. Apparently it would have had the entire House of Blue Leaves sequence in full color.
wow.gif

Mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newton
What trilogy, Reggs?

Tarantino has said he'd like to do a third one in like 10 or 15 years, where Vernita Green's daughter, all grown up, comes looking for The Bride for revenge for killing her mother.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want it uncut bad enough import a copy form HK or Japan, they were fortunate enough to get the uncut violence. I had the oportunity to buy a used copy at "Book Off" but put it back down when I saw it was a Video CD not a DVD. I was like VCD oh **** that. I said it in english even, which might appear strange to come from someone who had an arm full of Inital D manga.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike
Tarantino has said he'd like to do a third one in like 10 or 15 years, where Vernita Green's daughter, all grown up, comes looking for The Bride for revenge for killing her mother.

I've heard he filmed scenes with Uma and the young girl when he did the first 2 KBs to shelve and possibly use in this "3rd" movie. might be urban myth tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads