• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kids say the darndest things

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This morning I'm in the shower and my wife comes in with a clean pair of panties for our newly potty-trained 2 y/o, who is on the potty. She says "look baby I got you a pair of Tinkerbell panties, aren't they pretty?" Baby replies "Those panties are dirty."

Wife: No they're not, they're brand new, see they're clean?
Baby: Those bugs are really dirty.
Wife: [silence for a few seconds]

Then she opens the shower curtains to show me the panties, which have "ethnic" Tinkerbells on them.

facepalm.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is that what I have to look forward to?

BTW: If we didn't remind him, our son would neither bathe nor brush his teeth. I think we should just buy flannel shirts for him.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll give dougie's threak a bump.

We are the god parents to a family members child. This child was adopted from a China by two very white parents, both have pale skin and blond or red hair. Great kid, great parents. Anyways, when my wife and I would take the child out somewhere with us anytime she saw another Asian person she would flip out. She would point at the person and shout, "That Bob, That Bob?!?!?!?" (she went by Bob for awhile). We never knew how to explain the whole Asian and adopted thing to a 4 year old, so we didn't try.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my cousin as a child lived in a very white area. one time a black repairman came to the house and my cousin, who apparently hadnt seen a black person before asked him "are you a clown?" my aunt was scared to death, but the guy was actually very cool about it and breifly explained racial differences to the kid

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Mine never had a problem with this, figured it out quickly.

Once when we were watching Voyager, one of the first times she saw it, Tuvok was explaning some complicated thing and she said "Vulcans are always white." I was like, whoah. Then I realized she was saying "right" in a little kid voice.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My little corner of suburbia is very ethnic in that there are lots of Asian, Indian, Black and Hispanic families here. This was a constant conversation in my house when they were growing up:

Kid: Today at recess [Insert South Asian Name Here] said...
Us: Wait, I don't think I know who that is. Is [_______] a boy or a girl?
Kid: MOM!!! (or DAD!!!) [__________] is a girl's name, everyone knows that!!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Mine never had a problem with this, figured it out quickly. Once when we were watching Voyager, one of the first times she saw it, Tuvok was explaning some complicated thing and she said "Vulcans are always white." I was like, whoah. Then I realized she was saying "right" in a little kid voice.
roflmao, this is awesome. But don't raise your kids on Voyager, man. Give 'em some real Trek, like TNG or DS9. All sorts of interesting racial topics with the latter, too.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you people live where everyone is white? Iowa or somewhere like that?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Where do you people live where everyone is white? Iowa or somewhere like that?

Dallas. Just like you.
smile.gif

lcmm01

Reaction score
When I was a child, my little sister was just about 6. Some family friends of our lived near a group home, and they used some inappropriate words to describe the people that lived there. One of their daily activities was riding trikes around the neighborhood. Incidentally, my sister picked up a few words. Where did they show up? First grade short story writing.

The name of her story was:
Todd the Trike-riding Tard

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos

But don't raise your kids on Voyager, man. Give 'em some real Trek, like TNG or DS9.

This belongs in the Time Has No Mercy thread.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Mine never had a problem with this, figured it out quickly. Once when we were watching Voyager, one of the first times she saw it, Tuvok was explaning some complicated thing and she said "Vulcans are always white." I was like, whoah. Then I realized she was saying "right" in a little kid voice.
Take that garbage away from them, all about TNG man. Use DS9 to teach them about racial stereotypes...

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was gonna suggest using DS9 to teach them about steamy, interracial sex. But different strokes.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Use Mass Effect for that

austerlitz

Reaction score
my buddy's 4 yr old kid runs to me one day and has Uncle ________ I have a magic trick to show you...., I am like okay, go on.... He proceeds to pull his pants down and says "look, I can make ******** grow"
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads