1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kick scooter for commuting

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Kent Wang, Jan 10, 2008.

1. robin

robin Senior member

Please post pictures with you on it if you do. You'll get bonus points if you're holding a croquet mallet while riding it.

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

In Vietnam!
    dude if you can survive these roads, Texas holds nothing you cant handle.

Behold:

3. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

You'll look like one of those weird men that can't give up their childhood. We all've seen them, the ones scooting around the park in their helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, and a big goofy smile.

If they're smiling and happy and having fun, what's wrong with that? [​IMG]

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

lol...from what gathered, Kent is supposedly a very well dressed man, I just can't invision a grown man in a suit riding a scooter..on purpose.

I've seen a guy around here doing it. He seems to go from the Metro station to work (and I assume Metro to home). He looks like an idiot, imo.

I say leave the scooters to the kids.

b

5. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I just watched some program in which some renowned NYC professor/lecturer navigates the halls of academia on a razor scooter---------not good. Not good. A woman in my company at the time (to whom I am married) was disgusted. Unless you have ambitions that include celibacy, steer clear. At least the Segway suggests you have ample disposable income...

6. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Chick in bar to Kent: "So, why don't we go back to your place so we can have more privacy"
    Kent: "Sounds great but I can only fit one on my kick scooter so I'll scoot on up the hill and you can walk up and we'll meet at my place, OK?"

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Chick in bar to Kent: "So, why don't we go back to your place so we can have more privacy"
    Kent: "Sounds great but I can only fit one on my kick scooter so I'll scoot on up the hill and you can walk up and we'll meet at my place, OK?"

[​IMG]

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

+1000.

Plus, what are you going to do if a bunch of five year olds want to race you? And their scooters are more tricked?

Depends on how many -- IIRC, Kent can take out up to twenty-something of them.

9. dusty

dusty Senior member

This is your worst idea since the parasol thing.

10. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

This is your worst idea since the parasol thing.
    Please....you have tell me what the "parasol thing" is about.

11. Matt

Matt Senior member

Please....you have tell me what the "parasol thing" is about.
    I think it was lost in The Great Fire of 2006....but my advice on this is to be forever grateful that that thread predates you.

12. Southern-Nupe

I think it was lost in The Great Fire of 2006....but my advice on this is to be forever grateful that that thread predates you.
    lol....thanks

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It sure would be Fly pulling up to a Hotspot in a Kick Scooter.

14. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

You would be straight up ballin-outta-control when you barhop on your kickscoot!

Please post a few actions shots in WAYWT so we can judge said hellaphatness.

Fo realz.
    kthxbye

15. neeonbrowwn

neeonbrowwn Well-Known Member

+1 on scooting to bars,

if i gets a strong negative reaction from men, and undertaken with Norrisian confidence.. chicks will eat it up

16. Southern-Nupe

It would be best if everyone stops encouraging this moment of embarrassment.

We all know this won't end pretty....

17. neeonbrowwn

neeonbrowwn Well-Known Member

18. dusty

dusty Senior member

Man we used to have so much fun on my cousin's Go-Ped. Until we decided to see who could ride it down the street longer with their eyes closed.

19. jellywerker

jellywerker Well-Known Member

My team likes to use these at away regattas because they fit on planes and save our legs for racing, but seriously, we look retarded. It's fun, but you look like an idiot. However, we seem to get away with it since we travel in packs.

20. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

To say the least.

If you still must, make sure it's not a Razor. You'll look like one of those weird men that can't give up their childhood. We all've seen them, the ones scooting around the park in their helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, and a big goofy smile.

Could it be that some of these big goofy smiles are the results of consumption of illegal substances?