1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by khakisofcarmel, Sep 8, 2014.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice tie! ^^^

1 person likes this.
  2. 1969

1969 Senior member

Maybe I'm being dense, but what is the correct name (slim fit or contemporary fit) for the slimmer of the two pants? I assume slim fit is the slimmer?

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

4. GusW

Nice ^

Looking forward to fit pics as well as getting mine :)

5. justinkapur

Note to self, button cuffs. Sleeves are a hair shorter than I am used to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  6. GusW

My favorite is the rust plaid jacket. That would look fantastic with a denim shirt and knit cashmere tie.

I don't think the sleeves look too short but it would help to see them buttoned.

7. justinkapur

Omg perfect. Didn't even think of it.
    Wore it today:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. khakisofcarmel

khakisofcarmel Senior member Affiliate Vendor

New neckties from E. Marinella and Bigi Cravatte

We just received our spring shipment of neckwear from these two tiemakers and there's some great neats and stripes to choose from. Take a look!

E. Marinella neats #1:

[​IMG]

E. Marinella neats #2:

[​IMG]

E. Marinella stripes #1:

[​IMG]

E. Marinella stripes #2:

[​IMG]

E. Marinella grenadines in royal navy, silver and black:

[​IMG]

Bigi summer stripes:

[​IMG]

Bigi textured stripes:

[​IMG]

Bigi repp stripes:

[​IMG]

Bigi summer ties in raw silk and silk-linen:

[​IMG]

Bigi summer neats:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. justinkapur

Whats pricing like for the Bigis?

10. khakisofcarmel

Bigi Cravatte is $175 and E. Marinella is $195.

11. justinkapur

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want that striped tie on the left and the blue neat tie (2nd from left)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  12. GusW

Stopped in a Khaki's of Carmel yesterday to get my Ring Jacket suit that I had ordered at the San Francisco trunk show. Mine took a little longer to arrive than some of the others because I had special ordered a Loro Piana navy wool fine twill fabric rather than getting something from the stock Ring book. I tried it on and all of the most important fits were perfect - shoulder, body length, etc. After Jim carefully inspected it, he wanted to just take in a pinch under the collar and below the shoulder armpit area. I will have it later this week in time for my next trade show.

[​IMG]

Jim also showed me one of his new arrivals, Sartorio. As you may know Sartorio is owned and made by Kiton. The tailoring is remarkable and the linen fabric is clearly custom and not someones stock cloth. At, $3,100 it rivals Zegna and Cucinelli in price and quality. If you visit the store be sure and ask to see this line of jackets. You will be impressed.

[​IMG]

My classic off-white Luciano Barbera Irish linen jacket had seen better days and had some style and cut features that gave it a bit of a dated look, so I've been keeping an eye out for a new one. Well, they had a double breasted off-white linen jacket with patch pockets made by Ring Jackets. Best of all it is a linen and wool blend so not so many wrinkles. That is being tailored now and I look forward to getting that one soon. I will work on my Italian Playboy look :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. GusW

Khaki's always has a remarkable selection of neckties. Many of their new Spring colors have arrived. One brand that you don't hear about on Styleforum but deserves more attention is Robert Jensen. Robert was the Creative Director at Talbott for 30 years before the company went astray and Robert went out on his own. He has a loyal following among the traditional menswear retailers that are still very strong throughout the midwest and south. His daughter handles production of fine silks from Italy and Robert does the designing. He is a highly regarded industry pro who probably knows more about ties and neckwear than anyone else in the US.

Here are just a few of his new SS ties for 2015

[​IMG]

Also, Luciano Barbera is back with new ties for Spring. The brand has a new leader and $$$ backing it. Best of all the new CEO is a long time fan of the traditional Luciano Barbera look and heritage. If these colors and patterns are any indication of their direction it looks like more good things can be expected from Barbera.

[​IMG]

14. GusW

Perhaps the biggest surprise at Khaki's this past weekend was the arrival of new 100% linen sweaters from Inis Meain. This Styleforum favorite brand has really hit it out of the ball park with these Spring/Summer sweaters in linen. The colors, the weave, the details are the ideal blend of comfortable and luxury style. If you had these three you would have the ideal Spring knitwear wardrobe.

They nailed the bone color natural linen look and that navy with the zipper front & the decorative collar pull-over. Three favorites. Wow!

[​IMG]

15. khakisofcarmel

Great to see you down here again at Khaki's, @pocketsquareguy

Can't wait to see how that navy suit from Ring Jacket looks after alterations.
    Great to see you down here again at Khaki's, @pocketsquareguy

Can't wait to see how that suit from Ring Jacket looks after alterations.

16. khakisofcarmel

We just received our spring shipment of Incotex trousers in their "chinolino" fabric in seven different colors. As you probably know, the fabric is a blend of 53-47 cotton-linen and we're stocking them in their "pattern B" fit, which they refer to as their "standard" fit. It's a taper that fits and flatters most gentlemen, slimming but not skinny.

[​IMG]

For those looking for brighter summer colors, trousers in brick red, snow white, royal blue and canary yellow.

[​IMG]

And if you're after darker, earthier shades, olive green, dark brown and black (pairs surprisingly well with a cream linen jacket in the evening).

We have sizes 32-38 in stock, including sizes 33 and 35, and at $395/pair. If you have questions on fit, send us a message!

1 person likes this.
  17. GusW

In another thread @dieworkwear mentioned that the secret to the Inis Meain linen knitwear is that it isn't 100% linen as I had posted above. It contains a very small amount of a poly thread, just enough to help it keep it's shape and avoid stretching. That is good news and very practical. I may have to add those zip front cardigans to my Spring/Summer wardrobe. Inis Meain really did it again.

18. khakisofcarmel

New Luciano Barbera spring shirts

Plenty of casual button downs for spring in plaid checks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the most part, I've found these fit true to size on most guys, with them having a slight taper in the body. The button down collars do look fantastic and roll nicely.

2 people like this.
  19. khakisofcarmel

J.Lawrence linen-cotton summer trousers

[​IMG]

If you liked the idea of the "chinolino" from Incotex, but wanted something similar at a lower price or just in our own trouser fit, then these are a great option. Ours is a 56-44 linen-cotton blend in our "contemporary fit" that has a mid rise and slight taper through the leg. These are also half-lined to the knee.

The fabric is a bit less wrinkly, in my opinion, than the Incotex and a bit rougher (since they haven't been washed). Price is $250 and sizes 32-42 available in brown, 33-40 in blue, 34-38 in red. (Although, we may be able to order other sizes.)

5 people like this.
  20. GusW

My new Ring Jacket suit made from a Loro Piana lightweight wool in a very fine twill. I was photographed in Las Vegas by the staff photographer at Liberty one of the many menswear shows at MAGIC LV.

This was the suits very first outing and I was delighted by the fit. Got a ton of compliments on it. Hoping that Khaki's will do another Ring Jacket trunk show soon so I can place another order. Although, their OTR fits me so well the only reason for custom ordering is fabric selection.

Thanks to Jim and the team at Khaki's and Mr Sasamoto for a great suit.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.