Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by khakisofcarmel, Sep 8, 2014.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

You know I'll be happy to take that title. Has a nice ring to it (har har)

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

3. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Everything looks fantastic, Jim. I always love the Ring Jacket trunk shows, but don't think I'll be able to attend this one as I'll be returning from my mini-honeymoon trip.

I highly recommend everyone else to go if they can!

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looking good in Ring, as always, Justin!

5. GusW

I just came across this photo of Jim from the last Ring Jacket Trunk Show wearing his MTM Ring DB seersucker jacket. Jim wears a larger size than the largest RTW Ring, so this is proof that yes, MTM is offered in larger than a Euro 54. Oh, and that is Marlon Austin of the Bespoke Twins. You probably recognize him. He is a favorite of the photographers at Pitti and the other menswear shows each year.

[​IMG]

6. khakisofcarmel

khakisofcarmel Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, they can in fact make larger sizes so anyone can enjoy their craftsmanship. Looking forward to the trunk show. Always fun!
    - Jim Ockert,

7. khakisofcarmel

Hi, I am part of the team at Khakis Carmel and will be posting and answering any questions you have about our fine menswear.

With the upcoming Ring Jacket Trunk Show on September 28th in San Francisco, we will have collections from the world’s best-known mills including Holland & Sherry, Loro Piana. Drapers, Zegna and others including those exclusive to Ring Jacket. You will have many options for Fall/Winter as well as Spring/Summer. Here are a some of my favorites from the Loro Piana Proposte Giacche bunch in blends like 11-ounce alpaca/ wool/ polyamide, and 10-ounce wool/ silk/ linen/ cashmere. My favorite thing about these fabrics is that they all have the benefits of superior drape and winter-warmth but also possess a wonderful and luxurious softness. Any of these can make for an impressive made-to-measure garment.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Thank you,
    Jim & The Khaki's Team
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015

8. GusW

Some excellent suggestions.

These Shepards Checks look especially nice. They would make an stylish yet subtle, somewhat casual sport coat with 3-2 button, patch pockets. I like that I could wear them with jeans, khakis, light grey flannels, etc. Very easy to wear and versatile. Versatility, seems to be a reoccurring theme these days in my wardrobe.

[​IMG]

Will you be bringing any Spring books? I was considering either a classic seersucker suit in blue/white or grey/off white. Or a cotton twill in a khaki with a greenish cast (And not gold or yellow cast).

9. khakisofcarmel

Yes, Gus, we will be bringing some of our spring books including the cottons of Holland & Sherry. In their selections are a few good seersucker fabrics and every shade of khaki twill, gabardine, brushed, moleskin, etc. that you can think of.
    - The Khaki's Team
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015

10. GusW

Thanks for posting the photos. These are very nice fabric options. I especially like the shade of the grey/blue seersucker and how it isn't quite so bright as the typical classic lighter blue. That would make a cool looking suit, with soft shoulder, patch pockets, 3-2 roll, white buttons. I would wear that a lot as a suit or as separates with a white or pink shirt and jeans or white jeans and a navy polo.

And, with it being triple digits in the East Bay this week, looking at seersucker or a tan cotton suit seems a bit more appealing right now than Fall/WInter wool and cashmere. :)

11. khakisofcarmel

A navy polo would look killer!
    This is true but luckily, when ordered, garments will arrive in time for the cooler weather.
    - The Khaki's Team

12. GusW

I've been getting a lot of wear out of my Ring Jacket suit that I ordered at your first trunk show last September. It is a lighter weight Loro Piana navy very fine wool twill which works year-round in the Bay Area. The promoters of the menswear trade shows in Las Vegas wanted to take photos of it in action. He is an outtake of the photo session :)

(No robo pose for this guy)

[​IMG]

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Is that all wool, or mixed with silk/mohair? has a slight sheen.

14. GusW

100% wool. Yes it does have a slight sheen but the sheen is enhanced by the photographers studio strobe lights and my lightning quick movements.