Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by khakisofcarmel, Sep 8, 2014.

1. khakisofcarmel

khakisofcarmel Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Hi Styleforum!

We're thrilled to be officially part of the Styleforum community and give everyone here a glimpse of what we're doing in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. We've been excited to see members here chatting about our store and sharing photos of what we carry.

A bit about us: J. Lawrence Khaki's Men's Clothier of Carmel was started in 1992 by proprietors Jim & Connie Ockert -- who live in Carmel and work in the store every day. We're proud to be the go-to men's store in the area for locals and visiting tourists. We're happy to carry a variety of clothing that caters to those who wear anything from T-shirts and jeans to custom suits and footwear.

Some of the lines we carry include Brioni, Luciano Barbera, Finamore, Stone Island, Incotex, Canali, PT01, Boglioli and L.B.M. 1911. In footwear, we stock Gaziano & Girling and Edward Green. For neckwear, we have a selection from Drake's, E. Marinella, Bigi and many more. Additionally, we have our own J. Lawrence line of shirts, trousers and sport coats -- all made in the U.S.A.

We're located in the heart of Carmel-by-the-Sea at the Carmel Plaza on the corner of Ocean & Junipero and open seven days a week (Monday-Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday: 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.).

Stop by and visit us any time, we'd always love to show you around our store. And if you can't make it to Carmel, then send us an email we've set up just for you guys: [email protected]. We'll be happy to answer any of your questions!

Cheers!

The Khaki's of Carmel Team

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Welcome!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome. We met at Styleforum's anniversary party back in 2012. I've been following your store for many years. Glad that you are onboard!

Cheers,

Fok.

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've been shopping at Khaki's of Carmel for over 20 years and have always been impressed by the selection and friendly helpful staff.

There is no other store like it in San Francisco, LA or New York. It has an amazing amount of styles, fits, colors, and fabrics on everything from sportswear and outerwear to fine tailored clothing.

I especially enjoy their tremendous selection of quality accessories, shirts and knitwear. The owners, Jim and Connie aren't afraid to try new things and it shows. This is one store where you can explore new looks well beyond a single, edited style.

Here is a photo I took Saturday showing some of their shoes. Most of these are Edward Greens.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

5. GusW

Here is a close-up of some Gaziano & Girling shoes. And, hey, check out the fully equipped Saphir shoe shine box

[​IMG]

6. khakisofcarmel

[​IMG]
    We're really excited to announce our trunk show with Ring Jacket in San Francisco at the end of this month. We'll be welcoming Ring Jacket's Hidetoshi Sasamoto, who will be taking measurements and orders for custom tailored clothing, using fabrics both exclusive to Ring Jacket and also from Loro Piana, Dormeuil, Holland & Sherry, Carlo Barbera, VBC and Zegna books.

We'll also have our current stock of Ring Jacket items for fall with us available to try on and purchase.

To make an appointment, click here to reserve a time. Or you can email us with your name and phone number and we'll be in touch to finalize details with you. Feel free to ask us any questions in this thread or get in touch directly.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

7. GusW

I drove down to Carmel on Saturday with Bay Area blogger Ian http://fromsqualortoballer.com/ We were checking out the new fall Ring Jackets. They have 6 or seven jackets and several suits. One of my favorites was this blue/grey plaid as shown on Ian. The fabric is soft and "oh-so-comfortable' This may be my next Fall jacket :)

[​IMG]

I especially like the soft shoulder and fit. To me Ring is a better fit and a better value than Brunello Cucinalli (which I also own).

Here is a close-up of the fabric:

[​IMG]

8. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Super excited to see this thread. I have bought 2 pairs of trousers and I love them. Ive said this before but Jim is a hell of a dresser and if I could dress even marginally as good as Jim I would be happy.

Now what is the range of prices on these Ring jackets for the trunk show?

9. capnMURPHY2021

capnMURPHY2021 Senior member

Welcome! I want to also give a nod to Anthony at Khaki's, who has been very helpful with my phone orders in the past.

10. khakisofcarmel

We're glad to hear you liked the trousers!

As for the starting price for Ring Jacket MTM, suits will start at $1400, jackets at $1000. Price will depend on fabric.

We highly recommend setting an appointment and you can click here to do so.

11. khakisofcarmel

Measurements for Ring Jacket

For those interested in measurements from our Ring Jacket model we carry at Khaki's of Carmel, here you go. Sizes in EU, measured in inches:

EU48:
    • chest: 40
    • waist: 36
    • shoulder: 17.25
    • length: 29

EU50:
    • chest: 41
    • waist: 37
    • shoulder: 17.5
    • length: 29.5

EU52:
    • chest: 42.5
    • waist: 39
    • shoulder: 18.25
    • length: 30

EU54:
    • chest: 43.5
    • waist: 39.5
    • shoulder: 18.5
    • length: 30.5

EU56:
    • chest: 45
    • waist: 41.5
    • shoulder: 19
    • length: 30.75

A few things to note when looking at these measurements: they're cut trim and shorter. We typically size customers up with Ring Jacket.

We will have our stock of jackets and suits to use as try-on garments for our trunk show so you can get a better idea of fit before making changes.

12. GusW

I just picked up a pair of cotton twill J Lawrence khaki's from Khaki's last weekend. I like the new slightly trimmer fit for a classic tailored look but not skinny. I actually prefer the taper and fit of the J Lawrence pants over a Incotex Contemporary fit. I took the new khakis to my local tailor and he commented very favorably on the fabric, interior and construction details. These are great pants. I'll post a fit pic when they are ready.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

13. khakisofcarmel

Just wanted to show off one of our new shoes in our latest Gaziano & Girling shipment: punched captoe oxfords -- the St. James -- in black calf and on the TG73 last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. khakisofcarmel

Good morning everyone as we're heading into the weekend!

Another two pairs of Gaziano & Girling shoes we received. Both are the Buccleuch model, which features blucher lacing and a punched captoe with a medallion. We've restocked our dark brown English grain and also did the model in a mole suede and natural sole on the MH71 last.

[​IMG]

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Can you post up some of your trouser offerings?