1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Khakis/Chinos that Don't Look 'Old'

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by fruitymetcalfe, May 13, 2006.

1. jet

jet Senior member

my margielas are the bomb yo, perfect blend of edgy casual elegance

check out banana dress chino, very nice and not as dressy as I imagined for 78 bux, I'm wearing the bootcuts right now, flare is too big (have to have it taken in) and fabric is cheaper but still decent. Rise is cool, not high.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

Resurrecting this thread because these:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat109052

Don't sound too bad from the description. I am going to investigate and find out for sure.

Those look exactly (including the light chocolate brown color) like a pair of chinos I altered the legs of and wore to death my freshman year of college. Almost 10 years ago. I had completely forgotten until I saw the pictures.

Not really my look now, but I'm almost tempted to get a pair.

3. Calden

Calden Senior member

Resurrecting this thread because these:
    http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat109052
    Don't sound too bad from the description. I am going to investigate and find out for sure.

This is the only Jcrew item I own. They're hands down my favorite pair of chinos, but I've only owned Gap and BR before. Definitely more casual than most.

4. mogwai

mogwai Member

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I have a pair of expres khakis that are more cut like denim than the producer stuff. They're a lot more casual than the dress ones, and fit and look a ton better. I don't know if they still have them. I got mine for $15 on clearance a couple months ago. Can't go wrong at that price. They're still wearing great, but the problem is, they're a bit short on me. [​IMG]