• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

khaki suit

houston

Reaction score
How early in the spring do you begin to break out khaki/tan suits? Does it make a difference if it is poplin or wool for when it is proper to wear? And what about other spring/summer colors and fabrics?

My thoughts are that you could get away with wearing this on warmer days in March. I have seen some people in DC wearing them now.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're not asking a "rules" question, are you? You are? Well then.

Traditionally, light colors like that had to wait until after Easter. That rule is pretty much dead. Common sense says to go by the weather: wear it when it's warm, don't wear it when it's cold. Within reason. We had a couple of freak days this December and January when the temperature reached 60 or more. I still would not wear a tan suit in the Northeast corridor in January, no matter what the weather. The Caribbean is another story.

Oh, and as a general principle: never judge the acceptability or stylishness of a look by what the average DC male is wearing.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How early in the spring do you begin to break out khaki/tan suits? Does it make a difference if it is poplin or wool for when it is proper to wear? And what about other spring/summer colors and fabrics?

My thoughts are that you could get away with wearing this on warmer days in March. I have seen some people in DC wearing them now.
I'm in SoFLA, so whenever I want; if I owned a tan suit.

Jon.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.