1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Khaki Suit. What shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by okdc, Apr 18, 2008.

1. okdc

okdc Well-Known Member

I am wearing a khaki suit to my cousins wedding. I am planning on a solid, light blue shirt and a solid black tie. What shoes and belt would I wear with that? Black? No belt? Should I go with a solid blue tie in order to wear brown shoes?

2. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Let the shoes speak for themselves. Wear chestnut or museum browm.

3. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

i don't think a khaki suit is very appropriate for a wedding. My image of khaki suits is an item more to be worn as a casual suit, with softer round toe black laceups or even sneakers...

but yeah the chestnut would be a good recommendation for something dressier. goes well with the blue too.

4. dba

dba Senior member

I would only wear the khaki if it was a daytime our outdoor event. I think either a black or brown show would be fine but if you go brown, definitely go with the navy tie and not black.

5. okdc

okdc Well-Known Member

Normally, I would wear a good blue suit with a fun shirt/tie combo, but the reception is outside, at a country wine inn and in a barn (no joke) somewhere in VT (near Quechee sp?) in late May. My cousin requested fun and fashionable, not conservative. It is what I like to call faux-casual. Casual settings, fancy food and decor.

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Dirty bucks? Or some light brown. For sure no black I say.

7. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Should I go with a solid blue tie in order to wear brown shoes?

Yes. Or a slightly more outrageous tie to go with brown shoes and belt.

8. dba

dba Senior member

yeah go brown cuz it's not in town

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Khaki suit + dirty bucks = good stuff. It could hit 80 in NY today, so I decide to declare summer season open.

[​IMG]

10. Confederate

Confederate New Member

Don't wear a belt; wear suspenders. It will dress up a khaki suit for the wedding.

I agree with the chestnut brown shoes.

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Khaki suit + dirty bucks = good stuff. It could hit 80 in NY today, so I decide to declare summer season open.

[​IMG]

Your look does look great and classic.

But it also makes me wonder about a khaki suit and black tie to a wedding for the OP.

IMO try to wear a different suit if you have one. To me even a nice odd coat (like a blue blazer) would be preferable. And if you have to wear the khaki suit to the wedding, do not do so in a black tie. I just don't see that looking very good.

12. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

13. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

Is your cousin's name Keith?

14. RyanM

RyanM Senior member

If you want to look like a GQ ad, just wear light brown shoes, and have the socks be a shade in between the shoes and suit.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I like brown suede shoes with a khaki suit. For me, dirty bucks are a little too close in color to the color of the suit.

16. Ricardo Malocchio

Ricardo Malocchio Senior member

My favorites with my khaki suit are a pair of dark brown, pebble grain, 3-eyelit oxford Ferragamos (style "Bond").

17. spencer stone

spencer stone New Member

I am wearing a khaki suit to my cousins wedding. I am planning on a solid, light blue shirt and a solid black tie. What shoes and belt would I wear with that? Black? No belt? Should I go with a solid blue tie in order to wear brown shoes?

I don't mind the idea of wearing a khaki suit given the theme put fourth by your cousin. Why not wear a white shirt and go with all black tie, belt, and shoes? I think this would lend a sophistication to the casual nature of the suit. It will look well thought out, but still remain less formal.

18. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

19. raphael

raphael Senior member

Tie makes it difficult, but I'd go with brown shoes. Brown suede is perfect. Khaki suits are just about the only thing that go with saddle shoes off a golf course, so if you have a pair here's your chance to wear them.

[​IMG]

20. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Where is the wedding being held geographically? A Khaki suit in the spring or summer is just fine, but do go with brown or chestnut colored shoes though.