• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khaki Pants, White Shirt, BLACK Shoes?

dddx

Reaction score
Just a quick question. If I am wearing khaki pants (quite a darker shade, like this) with a white buttoned down shirt, is it acceptable to be wearing a black belt with black oxfords?

Thanks.

justindo

Reaction score
I wear both black and brown leather with khakis and a white button down shirt. It just depends what you fancy. Now if one were to change the shirt color to blue or green, I'd probably go with brown.

harburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justindo
I wear both black and brown leather with khakis and a white button down shirt. It just depends what you fancy. Now if one were to change the shirt color to blue or green, I'd probably go with brown.

Shoes and belt should accent the clothes. Frame a picture. Hard to argue that black accents khakis. Blue shirt is irrelevant. Blue and white shirts can go w/ any color of pants. Blue is interchangeable with white.

Agree that a green shirt, khakis and black shoes/belt will be brutal.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dddx
Just a quick question. If I am wearing khaki pants (quite a darker shade, like this) with a white buttoned down shirt, is it acceptable to be wearing a black belt with black oxfords?

Thanks.

Sounds fine to me.

myke

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Khaki pants
white shirt
Black shoes
Cadillac, yeah
The boy's a time bomb!

Ziss

Reaction score
Khaki pants + black shoes is mid-level IT manager in my mind.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dddx
Just a quick question. If I am wearing khaki pants (quite a darker shade, like this) with a white buttoned down shirt, is it acceptable to be wearing a black belt with black oxfords? Thanks.
Personally, I wouldn't wear that combination. As stated by others, brown shoes (perhaps loafers) and belt will look much better.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Khaki and black is A-OK.

As long as you remember to return everyone's salute.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do this, except i make sure my pants are on the trim side and I add a black cotton tie to the mix. Nothing IT about it.

oroy38

Reaction score
White shirt and khakis with black shoes is fine. It really depends on the color of the shirt. With neutral colors you'll be fine, but more often than not you'll want to opt for brown over black with khakis.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Khaki pants
white shirt
Black shoes
Cadillac, yeah
The boy's a time bomb!

haha love it. rancid lyrics in a khaki pants thread

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borwn usualy works better with kakhis but black is fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads