• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ketone level of 7.1

primevee

Reaction score
Hi, I did a 7 day water fast. First three days were dry, then the next 4 were water only (with mineral water on last day). I was always super tired and had no energy. This is the longest I've ever gone on water before, but I have done multiple 3 day dry fasts as well as a few 40 day and 21 day liquid fasts. So this was a first for me, to go without anything but water for 7 days straight.
I was feeling so weak, so I decided to test my blood sugar levels and ketone levels. Blood sugar was 76, seems normal for a fast, but ketone levels were 7.1.

I am wondering, what level of blood ketones is too high for a water fast? And what happens if it gets too high?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.