• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang's wonderful pocket square

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I received today a gift from Kent Wang , a beautiful white pocket square with leaf design and a red edge.

Picture086.jpg

inlove.gif

So pretty and wonderful. The feel and quality and sheen/look is exactly like the pretty expensive ones i see all the time at NM and Nordstrom, but when you look closely at the edge, you can see the handmadeness of it.

I am very touched by the gift , thank you Kent. You have a warm heart and thoughtfulness, take care friend!
worship.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I received the same item from Tony Lumpkin for some alleged advice that I gave him (bad advice, as I always do). Thank you Tony and it was not necessary but very, very much appreciated. I'm a very selfish human being, so don't expect anything in return
devil.gif

Selfoish?I think the term is asshole.

devil.gif

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice!

kind of off topic but, how do you keep out the creases on pocket squares/silks in general?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
very nice!

kind of off topic but, how do you keep out the creases on pocket squares/silks in general?

First I steam them with a hand-held Jiffy steamer, then I place an ironing cloth over the pocket square on an ironing board and gently iron in the creases...

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am glad you liked it, but please redirect all your gratitude to tonylumpkin.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the border an added piece that is sewn on?
I know I would dislike that on principle. Principles aside, The corners on these don't look particularly nicely mitred or well made at all. Nor does the colored border seem to bear any relationship to the pattern. I especially like squares that have a distinct border, but that is partly because I like the way the border indicated that the pattern was printed to a particularly size and is used to frame the interior design. In this case, the pattern just repeats until it hits the edge and is then cropped.

What, exactly, is so wonderful about these squares?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Diorshoe,

Very nice square. I could've sworn I saw a guy, about your size, wearing one at the Noodle Hut last week. But I don't think it could've been you!

-Conne

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Is the border an added piece that is sewn on?
I know I would dislike that on principle. Principles aside, The corners on these don't look particularly nicely mitred or well made at all. Nor does the colored border seem to bear any relationship to the pattern. I especially like squares that have a distinct border, but that is partly because I like the way the border indicated that the pattern was printed to a particularly size and is used to frame the interior design. In this case, the pattern just repeats until it hits the edge and is then cropped.

What, exactly, is so wonderful about these squares?

You live up quite well to your screen name. What is so great about these squares is that those that buy them, like them. What else is needed? I've owned squares from pretty much everyone and I have sold/given away almost all of them and only wear Kent's squares because I like the way they look, I like the heft and I like the borders. You may not like the construction or looks or finishing and that and that is fine but why you need to express that in a thread about a guy thanking someone for a gift is beyond me.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The title of this thread is "Kent Wang's Wonderful Pocket Square". Had I known that this was secret code for a private, "thank you" only thread, I wouldn't have posted.

Look, I don't want to come off as a thread nazi and obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's just that his was a thread thanking someone and I don't see how criticizing Kent's squares constructions or borders is relevant on this thread.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The title of this thread is "Kent Wang's Wonderful Pocket Square". Had I known that this was secret code for a private, "thank you" only thread, I wouldn't have posted.
I know somebody who won't be getting many gifts from his SF brahs. A real shame too, I just bought an extra pair of tve SFx5EP jeans in your size. Oh well...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads