• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang's Grey Contest - Notable Non-Finalists

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are the folks that had made the shortlist but were not finalists for Keng Wang's grey contest. Finalists are in another thread.

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Meeting important client:

DSC02511.jpg

DSC02509.jpg
DSC02515.jpg

Grey suit, no-name, SB3B, two vents
Viero (?) shirt, single cuffs
Holliday & Brown tie
Ancient Hugo Boss pocket square
Charcoal generic knit vest
Oris watch, same as above
Black/white/grey argyle socks

Originally Posted by EAV
2274956256_de603b2862_o.jpg

2274956528_fe89c3755c_o.jpg

Originally Posted by Holdfast
I'll do something new later this week, but a few choices from the archives for now...

4)

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
DSC02634.jpg
DSC02619.jpg

DSC02605.jpg
DSC02615.jpg

Originally Posted by iammatt
tdx003xk1.jpg

Originally Posted by Baron
I kinda think archive pics should be disallowed, but I'll throw one in for now and take some new ones later this week.
img0784or2.jpg

The suit is Canali - charcoal, one button peak lapel.
The tie is Cucinelli cashmere reversible.

Originally Posted by Merckx
DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
OK, more gray, complete with the vest on the 3-piece Chan. The same oxford gray Chan. White birdseye Chan shirt. Pink and gray Altea tie. White Kent Wang pocket square.

Gray lining. Showing the vest.

Originally Posted by A Harris

rlplsharkskin1.jpg

rlplgrshrkskn2.jpg

RLPL/SA grey sharkskin suit, Borrelli shirt, Breuer tie with light grey dots, RLPL square, RLPL/EG Gladstone.

Originally Posted by zbromer
Here's my submission.

More detailed shot.

The coat is RLPL with both charcoal and medium gray. Shirt is custom with gray stripes. The pocket square is unknown and a gray Glen check. The tie is Nicky with splashes of gray in the paisley. This tie is impossible for me to get a decent knot with. Pants are a light gray Borrelli.

neyus

Reaction score
Forum members dress all the same way!!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Baron's pic and would have voted for it if it made the finalists. Something about the photo: the casual pose with man's best friend, the way the light reflects off the suit showing interesting shadows and textures of the fabric. I guess I'm just way more of a fan of the "suit how you might see it being worn" pictures than a lot of the straight-on poses that grace the WAYWN thread...

Thomas0302

Reaction score
There are 3 people here I would of voted over any of the finalists, notably Baron (although I usually hate peak lapels).

penguin vic

Reaction score
I would have gone Merckx and A Harris in the finals, with A Harris getting the gong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads